"Super Guest" Status Idea

Cheryl246
Level 3
Oxford, United Kingdom

"Super Guest" Status Idea

Morning Everyone

I have only been Airbnb hosting since Mid December but I already realise how awkward it can be to ask Guests to review their experience at your listing or the stress it causes hosts that guest may not review their stay at all and as these reviews are crutial for not only gaining and maintaininng Super Host status but keeping guests coming through your door, I thought how can this be helped.

It occurred to me that maybe Airbnb should introduce "Super Guest" Status.  This may encourage guest to review more, as they will soon realise how important reviews are and it may make guest more mindful of how they conduct their stay.

What do you think???

22 Replies 22
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Cheryl246, this idea has been bandied about for quite awhile, and no one seems to have an objection. 

As a host and a guest, I think a level playing field for accountability as well as rewards should apply. 

Just imagine it.... Airbnb utopia!

@Cathie19 I know Cathie, I have been trying to promote the idea for over a year myself, when I first became an Airbnb host, I read about 6 months ago they were piloting it in certain areas, so fingers crossed x

I agree @Cheryl246 .

Can you imagine if some superguests got preferential booking status?

A special symbol always attached to their request would have us all jumping for joy....👍🏼Not to mention hitting the acceptance button!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Cheryl246 

Hi Cheryl, Hey, I don't think this will get off the ground....I know it has been talked about in Q&A's  but we all are aware of what comes out of Q&A's....just a bit of self congratulatory waffle! 

There are some guests like @Jenny546 who would like this feature but, for every one like Jenny, there are ten who don't give a dam*n.

Airbnb by now must surely be getting a bit sensitive about the flack surrounding the review system, the last thing they would want to do is introduce yet another element into it!

Superguest, yeah it's a nice thought but just something else Airbnb will probably hide until a confirmed booking is in place....can't go giving too much of the guests past out to the host, you know!!

Cheers.....Rob

Aaisha0
Level 1
Marietta, GA

I would love to become a super guest! 

Cheryl246
Level 3
Oxford, United Kingdom

Looks like they have or are introducing Superguest status but it looks more like a membership.  Although I see they have started to star rate guests too, so it would be easier for hosts to gain quality travellers.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/new

Andrea-and-Francis0
Level 10
Mississauga, Canada

Great idea! Hopefully it can be implemented. Would make vetting guests easier if they have a Superguest status & is a positive achievement for guest to work towards or maintain & gives them a reason to be outstanding, respectful, trustworthy, clean, quiet & follow house rules.

Andrew2758
Level 1
WI, Germany

As a guest I would love this idea. It would provide the host information about how we treat the home we are staying it. Not only the guest review be part of the status but how the host sees us and how well be treated the home. The only drawback is when a negative review is provide and the host know it is coming, the host may try to low ball the guest, even if the issue was not their fault.  I had this almost happen when a place misrepresented what type of rent is was. It was a youth hostel and I had contacted the host before to ask if they place would be good for a couple in their 50's and our 85 year old mother. They said yes, but it was not!! Luckily we only had one night there and sucked it up, but I need give a poor review and a personal note that I was not happy. 

Beside that I love the idea!!