"Super Guest" Status Idea

Cheryl246
Level 3
Oxford, United Kingdom

"Super Guest" Status Idea

Morning Everyone

I have only been Airbnb hosting since Mid December but I already realise how awkward it can be to ask Guests to review their experience at your listing or the stress it causes hosts that guest may not review their stay at all and as these reviews are crutial for not only gaining and maintaininng Super Host status but keeping guests coming through your door, I thought how can this be helped.

It occurred to me that maybe Airbnb should introduce "Super Guest" Status.  This may encourage guest to review more, as they will soon realise how important reviews are and it may make guest more mindful of how they conduct their stay.

What do you think???

22 Replies 22
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

This is going to be introduced soon, it was in the last Q&A with Airbnb a couple of months ago 🙂

Didn't know that Roberta so thanks for letting me know.  I hope it does go ahead, I think it will go a long way in helping both Hosts and Guests have a great and honest experience 🙂

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Great idea indeed, but one that will probably never be adopted by Airbnb. They appear to be presently on a social 'kick' to prove that  'all guests are created equal', why they tend to side with them so readily oftentimes regardless of specific behavior. The last thing they may want to do is to interject any kind of 'standard' or competition among them.

For the hosts however, they got a whole different 'plan'...;)

Cheryl246
Level 3
Oxford, United Kingdom

Thanks for your feedback fred but lets hope, like Roberta says, that it is coming soon.  Although I must admit, I am a bit skeptical too 🙂

It may happen, and imagine if it could be used as one of the requirements (aka filters) to be in Instant Book. In fact, if I was selling Airbnb this concept, that is how I would approach them: do this and NO one would mind being on Instant Book. 

Cheryl246
Level 3
Oxford, United Kingdom

Exactly, Superhosts have a fiter, applying pressure to perform, so too should Guests.  How clever we are Fred - Team work 🙂

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Fred

.re: 'do this and NO one would mind being on Instant Book'

I would, and I know other Hosts who don't participate in CC. We all share the distinction of being live-in Hosts, and couldn't think of anything worse than IB  no matter what badges & baubles Airbnb confer on Hosts or Guests.

Evidently our view is understood by IBs as well. Last night I stumbled on another old post, this one by another UK host, Jeff, Caernarfon, United Kingdom.

Jeff's comment is on a thread titledTurning OFF Instant Booking will make your listing DISAPPEAR from searches

'I do whole house, I have IB and I love it, but If I was letting a room in my home NO WAY would I be on IB.

It feels as if ABB is going down the same path as booking.con, which means we could see a splitting of the site, into "homestays" and "homerentals" in the future with different booking requirements. 

All you folks that have guests staying in your home, are true HOSTS, "a person who receives or entertains other people as guests"

The rest of us are not hosts and I don't pretend to be or want to be a host, but ABB is very good at filling my property so I use it.

-----

My response to Jeff last night:

2 years on still waiting for the split into 'homestays' & 'homerentals'.

I suggested elsewhere it could be made even more distinct with colour codes for these two types.

Fred, 

As a guest I like the idea because we treat the homes we stay at as our own. Even repaired a washer and dryer once. I think host should know what type of guest they are opening there homes to. I think the bar should be high but achievable. Maybe even a tiered system for lite traveler and heavy traveler. Instead of Superguests there is Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum. 

Just a thought.

Andy 

Kathy326
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

I think this is a great idea! We travel a lot and have 65 reviews with Airbnb. It would be nice to have some sort of recognition for guests.

I agree wholeheartedly, the majority of my guests are fantastic and I know would earn super guest status very quickly and if as Fred said Super Guest status appears in a filter, it would even the playing field and Super guests would earn rewards for their status too x

Jenny546
Level 1
Sycamore, IL

As a guest only, I would love this feature. I would say I am proud of the reviews I have gotten and if it puts your mind at ease that I’m verified then why not!! Also it helps you weed out certain people you are uneasy with. I think from even a safety standpoint it would make the experience better for everyone.

Again I wholeheartely agree with you @Jenny546 making things more even and more visible is always a benefit x

Lupita1
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

Love your idea!

Elsje3
Level 1
Mossel Bay, South Africa

Also think this is a great idea! Maybe if you get credits for being a supper guest it will be a benefit to all!