"Top quality" on listing

Yoav4
Level 10
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

"Top quality" on listing

Hi,

I noticed that my listing got "Top quality" sign which is good of course 🙂

Is there a place we can see all of these signs ("Rare find" etc..) and how they're calculated?

Also, on some searches it dispalys and on other not (for example different dates), looks like a bug...

Unless the metrics are relatively and not absolute.

23 Replies 23
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Yoav4. What rating do your stats show? I guess it might be 5.0, hence the top quality.

Rare find, as another host suggested, might be the value of the place compared to price. Not certain though.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Marzena4

I think "Rare find" is for listings which are usually fully booked and available days are rare

If it was like that, then I would be badged, @Branka-and-Silvia0 - it is only now in December that I'm available for a couple of days...

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Yoav4, from what I've heard, the "Top Quality" tag is so new, I think no one has any information about it yet.

(Fun fact: if you search for "Top Quality" "AirBnB" in your favorite search engine, you discover that a large number of AirBnB hosts use the phrase "Top Quality" in their listing title).

I look forward to some hosts discovering exactly how the tag is earned.

Congratulations on being "Top Quality"!

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Yoav4, you got five stars in every category, whcj is quite an achievement and would merit a top quality badge. I never saw it displayed, but if you say it appears for different dates and not for others, I would assume there must be a comparison between the places available at a given date. When there are 50 of the 200 results with the same star ratings, it would not make sense to show them all as top quality. If there are only two, maybe it apoears. 

Did you check, if others get it, when you don’t? Do the same others appear at the date where you get it?

rare find means only frequently booked. My ratings are not so nive as yours and I got that on my main listing. (Masked at the moment)

Yoav4
Level 10
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Now I always see it so it may was a bug.
I'll keep follow that.

I can understand what "rare find" mean and also remember I saw something like "Best value" so It is interesting if these tags are documented somewhere and how we can achieve them.

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

I just noticed 'Top Quality' on my listing as well, so I did some research just now. The only thing I could find that it might be related to is within this article that discusses a new 'Premium Listings' - Listings with higher end amenities and a luxury feel. Supposedly they were going to contact select hosts about this but I never heard anything. A host in Germany I know also has the label and did not hear anything about it. I also noticed that it does not always appear. Here is link to article. And congratulations on the Top Quality label. I felt surprised but pretty excited when I saw mine. I put a lot into this Cottage and it is nice to see AIrbnb notices. http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/22/technology/business/airbnb-quality-control/index.html

Interesting article, but the "premium" listing can't be it as we have the largest and most luxurious/amenties in our area. We have 7 listings and they are all considered luxurious. And it can't be because a listing is booked more frequently, because there are listings in our area that have received "Top Quality" that are booked less than mine. I thought "super host" (I lost mine this quarter because I didn't write enough reviews for Guests....I didn't even know that writing a review factored into Super Host, but I know now and will get mine back on Jan 1)... But some of the listings in my area DON'T have Super Host, but do have "TOP QUALITY" tags....and some of the places are FAR from "TOP QUALITY".... So what is this next rubric cube that Airbnb has randomly thrown at hosts they we have to sort out ? (It's like a twisted game every week  here on Airbnb.)

@Diane15 Wow, I am so glad you mentioned that Super Hosts need to write a certain amount of reviews, because i was told this was not a factor. Sorry you lost your SH title but sounds like you will have it back soon. Someone I know from another forum said that the Top Quality label is for 5 Stars in every category consistently but it sounds like you are not finding that, based on what you know about listings that are getting it. The 'Premier' program is now called 'Select' and is in the beta stage - This same person has a friend who was contacted by Airbnb about it to be in the beta test version. Seems like you eventually would be contacted also about 'Select', given you have luxury accommodations. So who knows what that label is for. Sometimes I have it on my listing, sometimes I don't. Odd.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Yoav4 @Marzena4

hehe yesterday I searched and my listing had "rare find" tag... then I changed the number of guests from 1 to 2 , page refreshed and my listing had "top quality" tag.... then I refreshed it again and it was back to "rare find" tag :))) 

My neighbour's listing had a "top quality " tag yesterday but not today. 

Another Aibnb unsolved mistery 🙂

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Is for the guest to show that you are a good host is like a scoreboard lets said 1 to 10 number 10 is the best just like you give guest review as well Airbnb pluse how many exposure you have, and and hopefully your guest share your information of Airbnb with there friends and family

Hi Albert, yes it is about quality and trying to help Guests get an idea of the quality of a listing...the question is, some of us hosts are trying to sort out HOW Airbnb decides which Listings/Host are awarded the new "Top Quality" award...there seems to be no way to figure out how or why a listing/Host gets that tag.

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Is all about the review, we get plus how we treat our beautiful gust Airbnb provide, and the rest is up to us

Louise231
Level 10
Manchester, United Kingdom

I think it might be 'top quality' of the listings available. 

When you first look at my city my listing isn't 'top quality', as soon as you zoom in a little to just cover the actual city without the suburbs my listing changes to 'top quality' 

There may be other requirments such as minimum standards to stop listings that just happen to be the only ones left given 'top quality', but I think it might be if you're in the top 5% or 10% of listings when there are several to choose from.

Probably from so many listings all having 5/5 star reviews.