"better suited to the Barclay"

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

"better suited to the Barclay"

Caption on this was "The day doesn't start until breakfast in bed is over. @cheatdayeats shows us how to wake up with Barclay style." 

But we know what her Airbnb profile looks like, don't we:

"The guest ate five messy breakfasts on my white linens. She is better suited to a hotel."

hotelscreenshot.PNG

23 Replies 23

I,ve been having problems with long stay reservations. Generally speaking guest really don,t care. I found them negligent, careless, and not grateful for anything.Even the clean lady is very desappointed .No incentive to do anything extra. Right now I only leave them bottles of water.

i,m very frustrated and desappointed.

your thoughts.

kindly,

Maria

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi@Maria

Are you Reading the guest reviews, for these people before you accept them?

Why not consider shorter stay guests as an an alternative and how you get on?

Also really tighten up your house rules and take a security deposit if you still continue with long term rentals

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Lawrene0 ABB is guilty of this too! Anybody remember the recent commercial that showed a family enjoying their ABB accommodation by eating at the table, hanging out in the living room and then chasing each other all thru the house with a pillow fight!?!  (am I imagining this?? I can't find it on youtube. Doesn't everything on the internet last forever?!?)

Robert1127
Level 2
Pensacola, FL

I’ve found myself in this situation several times, my wife suggested to add an extra charge if I see that the  linen were stained or damaged. I have explained to the guest that please refrain from eating in bed or use the washcloth to remove makeup. But I don’t want to be that guy who sounds mean or loses future guest. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi@Robert

Fellow host......I’ve just had the guest I would NOT want to host again and they got a 5* star, review so WHAT THE HECK, is going on?

Other host.......Oh it couldn’t be that bad, just chalk it down to experience as it WILL make YOU a better host. I suggest that you don’t cane this guest, I don’t want to be mean or hurt their self esteem so just write “best suited to a hotel” as EVERYONE surely knows, what this guest did in your family home.

Fellow host.......but that’s so vague, how’s that going to STOP this type of guest bouncing around air bnb from unsuspecting host to host?....what about my white linens?

Other host.........it’s ONLY a review, for goodness sake! It soon gets buried anyway, but most  important of all, I DONT want to risk my STATS!

Sound familiar? 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

What food you all talking about? All I saw was an amazing pair of legs. Hold on, let me look again...

Ah, yes the food on the bed.  Yeah how ridiculous. 🙂

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi@Fred

Thats the funniest comment so far.

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Lawrene0  

what’s worse she make love on the dinning room table, the postman only knock twice!

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Personally I can't comprehend what is so good about eating in bed. That is what tables are for, unless you are so ill you cannot make it to an upright position. And in hospital the  food comes on a trolley. At least give the poor girl a tray, since she is so ill.

Future guest complaint: ''There were cockroaches and ants in the bedding''