"bob requests that you cancel"

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

"bob requests that you cancel"

Why does Bob & airbnb want me to cancel his reservation instead of him just cancelling it himself or airbnb cancelling it themselves (as they have done in the recent past without even informing me)?

I cancelled and gave a full refund without knowing the ramifications to my superhost status. Did I just lose my superhost?!

Bob requests that you cancel

Bob Apr 25 - Apr 26 · 2 guests Tiny House & Huge Arcade just 5 miles To Six Flags
Still able to host Bob’s trip? If not, it’s important to cancel the reservation so that they can find a new space for their trip.
Cancel or Keep Reservation
22 Replies 22

@Sarah977 

Lol! Your friend sounds like my kinda gal! ;))

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Susan17 ,

Did you post your question in Aisling's topic? I can't find what you are referring to and I would like to ensure she gives it the time needed. You can post a link or drop me a DM so I can push it forward.

Thanks,

Steph

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie 

No it was on Mary from Savannah's thread on COVID cancellations, I think Steph. I can't remember exactly what the name of the thread was. I'll find it... Thanks ;))

Why would airbnb do that?! 

Deirdre12
Level 8
Santa Monica, CA

@Donald28  @Mary419 The same thing happened to me today.  I got the same email message with a guest requesting that I cancel.  I had never seen this type of email before.  I have a strict cancellation policy and this is CLEARLY Airbnb's sneaky way of getting out of paying us the 25%.  We need a good lawyer or a good reporter to dig into this.

@Donald28 

Seriously...... I can't believe Airbnb is STILL pulling this **bleep** with the sneaky wording.

Completely unethical.... and IMO bordering on fraud. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/BEWARE-of-quot-Guest-requests-that-you-cancel-quot/m-p/4...

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/COVID-19-Discussions/Guests-Wanting-to-Cancel-But-Stuck-In-the-g...

@Jessica-and-Henry0  Sneaky wording is about the only thing that Airbnb is consistently really, really good at. 

So much for Chesky's apologies and BS about how much he cares about hosts. I'm finding him more and more despicable.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sarah977 

If he hadn't made a lot of money out of this business I would have said he would have made a great poker player!

Cheers......Rob