re booking a guest who has contacted me on an old thred

Veronica568
Level 1
United Kingdom

re booking a guest who has contacted me on an old thred

a guest has messaged me using a thread from last September to re book - I cant reply to her to re book in June.

Airbnb keep replying to me saying that their dept can't deal with it.. so frustrating..

1 Reply 1
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Veronica568 

Veronica, you will still have message contact with that guest, ask them to enquire using specific dates.

Airbnb state that once a guest has stayed previously it is not possible to send a special offer for that guests return visit.....but Veronica it is!

I had a guest stay here back in April 2019,  they sent me a message on the Airbnb message stream in December 2019 that they wished to book to come back here again in March 2020, we agreed on dates and a booking was put in place, but Covid-19 meant they were forced to cancel their reservation.

On the 13th December 2020 they sent me an enquiry once again through the message stream using the month of February's dates asking if I was comfortable hosting them for the month of February 2021. I said I was, an in the message stream I was offered the ability to send them a special offer which I did and the reservation was accepted.

Once a message stream has been established with a guest it remains active for ever more. As long as the guest puts in specific dates with their enquiry you will be able to either give them a pre-approval or send them a special offer. 

I wish we could rely on Airbnb's information Veronica, but we can't, I'm afraid we find these things out by accident!

Cheers..........Rob