references

Natalie0
Level 2
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

references

Sharing references.  I used to host on Airbnb two years ago and had plenty of 5-star positive reviews.  Unfortunately i had to delete my listing as I had another employment obligation for the past year or so.  Now I am back full-time on airbnb and was wondering if any other host(s) would like to "share" references.. meaning I'll give you a great reference and you give me a great reference in return 🙂  Please message me if interested! 🙂

Sincerely,

Natalie

6 Replies 6
Alina1
Level 2
Opatija, Croatia

Hello Natalie,
I am sorry but I think that a "returning references" are not such a great ideas, because as you know, Airbnb is so good because the next travellers get a real review (or a average of all reviews) how good host you are and of course they get some very important informations about your apartment that isnt written in Description box. So those returning artificial references are bad idea. We all should start from ourselves. How we can expect, when we travel, real descriptions of the future apartments we would like to stay in, if we cannot give the real information of our apartment to other guests?

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

Hopefully, Airbnb will now be aware of your subterfuge and will respond accordingly. You could simply have snoozed your listing instead of deleting it if you really did have good reviews. Hosts that help you with your fradulent reviews are also subject to having their accounts closed.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ed-and-Hugh0 @Natalie0.....Well said, Ed & Hugh, we need as much 'genuine' as we can get. I am pleased it was her that proffered the idea, and not someone else who gave it to her...that would be enough for me to put her on my black list!!....cheers.....Rob

Natalie0
Level 2
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

@Alina1 @Ed-and-Hugh0 @Robin4

Good morning, yes you are all absolutely right.. Thank You for the info and since, I have been lucky enough to build wonderful reviews again..  I think that at the time when i posted I was wanting to be on the "fast track" to getting started again and was kicking myself for deleting my account last year when I wasn't able to host 😕  lol  It is one of those little learning curves.  Thank You again for all of your insight!  🙂

Edin1
Level 1
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Once I stay at your place I will leave a fair review.

Cheers 🙂

Hi Natalie,
Next time just "Hide" the listing from the research, there is a option fotr that,  not delete everything. 🙂

cheers 

Raf