I want to install a remote lock on the door of my apartment but my apartment is located in a block which has an entrance gate.
How can I provide them the key for this entrance door?
More info is needed. Is the entrance gate pedestrian or vehicle? Is it keypad or RFID? Is it unattended or manned? Is it your gate or a property complex gate (homeowners association/joint body controlled.) Let us know.
Thank you for your reply!
The entrance is for pedestrians. A normal key is needed to open the lock on this door. It is unattended. Its a gate that I share with other apartments of the block. There are like 5 floors with 4-6 apartments on each floor. Mine is on the 4th floor. The other apartments are not mine, there are many different owners.
It sounds like there's no way to do it without manually handing over a gate key. You can still put the autolock on your door as that will erase half the potential for loss of physical keys. Other than that maybe you could bring up the idea of a keypad lock for the front gate at your next housing meeting. Good luck.
Two possible options:
1. Install a new lock with RFID and keypad. RFID chips for the neighbors. Guests will use the keypad.
2. Install a lockbox. If there is a neighbor, who is against ABB and short term rental at all, he will roar like hell.
Thank you both for your replies.
1. You mean like asking the neighbours if they agree/pay for that?
2. Will it be safe to install a lockbox on the front gate? It is located in the front of a busy street.
1. Yes. It will be good if they pay part of the price, because it will be safer and easier for all off you to have electronic door lock. Here the same system costs about 150Euro for the hardware and near 200 for installation. In Greece it will be not cheaper for sure.
2. If mounted properly, the lockbox provides a good safety. The keys will be inside for just a few hours.
I'm assuming that you're the condo owner and have at least yearly meetings to discuss finances, budget, rules, etc. If you're not just stop here and don't even bother. If you are then try to raise the point of a RFID/keypad for front gate at next meeting. 2nd don't bother with putting your own keybox outside, you'll be hammered by owners and just might get it torn down and thrown away.