rental in placerville/camino/pollock pines

Shannon580
Level 1
Sunnyvale, CA

rental in placerville/camino/pollock pines

Hi, I'm thinking about buying a modest cabin in Placerville, Camino, or Pollock Pines to rent out as an airbnb year round.  I'm not that familiar with the areas, besides the fact that Apple Hill is very popular during the fall and brings a lot of visitors.  I'm assuming you could do well renting during this time, but not sure about year round.  Does anyone have a rental in these areas and can tell me how the rental market is?  Also, what kind of rate a rental would go for?   I'm looking at a 700-800 sq foot cabin with 2 bedrooms, probably sleeping 4.

Would appreciate any help!  Thank you! Shannon

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Shannon580 All you have to do is use Airbnb to search for similar accommodation in the area. This will tell you the price you can charge. After that you'll have to estimate how often the place will get booked

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Shannon580  you can speak to the tourism board for the area and see if they have any market research you can buy on tourism footfall for the area. You can also use AirDNA.

Of course travel has changed massively because of Covd so it's difficult to predict that footfall is going to be like going forward.

The best advice I can give is to have a back up plan to cover your costs if you don't get the booking you expect to cover your mortgage and other operational costs.