report suspicious enquary

Edyta0
Level 1
Dublin, Ireland

report suspicious enquary

Hi, 

I felt very uncomfortable with a booking request and wanted to report it. The person who was looking to stay in my place has no references and a strange picture of a skeleton....

5 Replies 5
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Edyta0 Many guests use stupid profile pictures...sign of the times I guess.  Whenever I get a request without a proper photo I ask that they change to a photo of themselves.  If you feel you need to report a user, you can click on the little flag icon and Airbnb will review the situation. 

Sasha7
Level 1
Oberrieden, Switzerland

Weird thing happened to me today - got an inquiry in the morning for the same day, which I immediately declined because I have guests arriving tomorrow, and it was too short notice. A few hours later, the same person made another inquiry, so I declined again, and about an hour later he was standing on my doorstep, asking if he could stay the night. I'm glad I wasn't alone, it made me feel very uncomfortable... 

@Sasha7 Ah, yeah, it would make me feel uncomfortable and I'd be quite upset.  How did he find your listing?  I would definitely flag this individual to report him to Airbnb.  Tell them what you told us.. This is not cool as he shouldn't just be showing up on anyone's doorstep without a confirmed reservation.  Look for the little flag icon near his profile picture. 

@Sasha7 I forgot to add that if this person shows up again, call the police.  

Glen2
Level 3
Noosa Heads, Australia

How did he have your address? These are only give exactly when there is a confirmed booking.