reservation doesn’t follow our Terms of Service

Raquel140
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

reservation doesn’t follow our Terms of Service

I sent out a special offer to a guest but upon accepting and payment we both received the message
"It looks like this reservation doesn’t follow our Terms of Service, which means that we aren’t able to support it. As a result, we’ve cancelled the reservation and refunded payment for it.

This was a standard booking as far as we are aware.. Is someone able to share some insight why this booking was cancelled (about 5 times)?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

@Raquel140 - without knowing what the offer was, it's difficult to know what might be the problem. Maybe you can give us more details. 

Being in London you do have a maximum time limit for renting of 90 days a year. Is that it? 

Hi!
One if the reservation IDs is HMFYTBBW4P (he repeated the booking+payment about 5 times in a few minutes, maybe due to the first one bouncing).

The offer was simply a discount of about 10% (price £1790) for a stay for 3 guests from 13-25 Oct.. 

The nights counter for 2017 is on 34, so I'd say we have about 2 months available...

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Raquel140 The country of origin of the guests? Airbnb is imposing sanctions in alignment with the US gov.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Jo196
Level 2
Germantown, NY

A new terms of agreement has just been sent out. -- April 2018.   This is my response to Airbnb.  I hope others will join me in expressing dismay at its being presented in legalese only (no plain English translation), without highlighting the changes, and without comparing the new to the old versions.  Do you know what you are signing?   

I have just looked at your new terms of service. They are just as impossible to read or understand as your old terms of service. They are written for lawyers by lawyers and I view them as a means of bullying, belittling and entrapping those who work with you. I did try with little success to understand the old terms when first signing on but finally put my hands up in the air and just signed my rights away. Now I'm angry.

I suggest if you want the people who work with you to trust you, you should send out another letter apologizing to us all for your lack of consideration. You very well know that we are not versed in legalese, and we know that serves your purpose, and you expect us to follow like sheep. What you should do is respect us and send us adjacent versions of the old and new terms, highlighting the changes with a third column translating the terms into plain English. In fact you should translate the entire contract into plain English. 

I am a new host on Airbnb and have had many questions about many things and have found your support staff if not able to help me at least very willing to try to help me, and I appreciate that. But ​if I called to ask about your new terms of service, ​I am sure ​not one of your support staff would be able to tell me what ​you are asking me to sign. 

On behalf of all the many people who enjoy airbnb-ing I thank you in advance for helping us know what you expect of us. How can we do what you would like us to do unless you tell us in language we understand? 

As is usual, I received a very polite reply from a support representative.  It does nothing to solve this issue.  

I am so sorry for you to feel that way and thank you for reaching out with your honest feedback about this update to our terms. We continue to work to improve our communication with users based on feedback we receive. We value your opinion, and I’ll be sure to share this specific feedback with the team at our SF headquarters.