reservations

Lee324
Level 1
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

reservations

i have accepted a guest on my phone without fully looking into the booking.   they only joined in Oct 2018 and only have phone ID.  I have messsgaed them once and they have told me that they are up for a wedding in the area (not unusual) but i have had very little communication with them since.  What can i do to make sure i am safe?

2 Replies 2
Ned-And-Laura0
Level 10
Simi Valley, CA

well, you can't cancel without it hurting your status with airbnb.  basically you can't be a superhost for a full year with even one cancellation on your end.  But other then the fact that they are new, is there some reason you think they will not be good guests?  For the future, you can alter your requirements for booking so they have to have government ID verified, email verified, profile photo, previous reviews, etc.  

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

I have accepted numerous requests from first time Airbnb guests.  My husband and I always meet and greet our guests at check-in.  Plus we live right next door to our listing.  And yes, alter your requirements for booking so you have more proper veritication of ID and other requirements.