resolution

resolution

we had a guest that had a bad situation with there reservation. not on us but they were detained in canada and had to cancel reservation the day of. We offered a refund of $100 and a night stay if they come to phoenix sometime in the future. Any how we were paid for the visit after fees. so I am wondering if airbnb will just pay out from a future payout or if we need to do something? any help would be great. thanks Jason

3 Replies 3
Will1
Level 2
Seattle, Washington, United States

Resolutions & Host Garauntee is a FRAUD

Recently I had a guest cause damages to my property when her cats urinated all over my bed and she demanded a full refund complaining of mold and urine smells in my place. Airbnb sided with this guest and coerced me into returning her money, which i only agreed to 50% (about $1200!) 

I immediately flew to my home in Seattle, as I live in California. I found her cats urinated all over the bed and pillows. I had to pay a mold remediation company $400 to come out and tell me that there was no mold. The guest was simply lying to get away from what her cats had done. 

Airbnb made it easy to return her money and impossible to return mine. After 2 weeks of back and forth and documentation, Airbnb will only repay me $500 out of $3000 in losses, including the returned income. They only cover "damages" but not flights to asses damages, or the mold testing, etc. 

This just shows that Airbnb does not care at all about us. That guest came and caused great damage to my house and she was rewarded with half her money returned. I was fined $2500 in return. 

This is a link to dropbox where you can see all the documentation given to airbnb. Including the emails that i exchanged with Airbnb.

BE INFORMED HOSTS! Airbnb is not on our side. They will not protect us. Their guarantees are garbage. 
It is time for us to get together and form a union to protect ourselves from these companies. If you are interested in this, then email me at ***. If you have similar experience, then we can talk about a class action lawsuit against Airbnb. If you live in the Bay Area as I do and would like to join me in a day of boycotting Airbnb at their headquarters, then email me as well. I have done this before and it was successful at the Pike Place market in Seattle.

They will likely delete my profile when they learn about what I am doing. But i do not care. After 4 years of successful hosting, I have been screwed by Airbnb too many times. I will not back down. I can create 100 airbnb profiles to continue the good fight. 

Or you can just sit there and hope it doesn't happen to you, which it eventually will.... Read the "Conversation with Airbnb" and judge for yourselves. 

@Will1 Seems like you have an important post. You should make it a separate post as it now is only seen by people reading this post.

Queenie0
Level 10
United States

If you offered the $100 even though the guest was not entitled to a refund, then Airbnb will deduct the refund from your next payout. You don't need to do anything.

I assume all transactions are recorded on Airbnb messaging and the refund was processed through the resolution center.