review questions

Penny328
Level 1
Grand Junction, CO

review questions

At the end of writing a review for a guest there is a yes/no question that asks if you would want to host the guests again.

Does anyone know how this information is used?

If you say no, does that mean your property won't appear is their future searches for places in your area?

8 Replies 8
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Penny328 

Excellent question.

I don’t know the answer, but I suspect that it doesn’t mean anything.

The last thing Airbnb wants to do is discourage a potential customer.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Penny328  As far as I'm aware, it does prevent that guest from trying to book with you again.

What it also does is, it is what is meant by "recommended by other hosts" for hosts who use IB. So if a guest received "would not host again" from all the hosts they had booked with, they would never be able to Instant book if the host had the "recommended" requirement set.

What I don't know is if they had 2 hosts say they wouldn't host again, and one who said they would, if that would still count as being "recommended".

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Penny328 It means they can't instant book with you, but they can still send a request to book. The only way to prevent that is to block them. Unfortunately, you have to report them first, to be able to block.

Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Penny328 I think that @Sarah977 is on the money.

I also hope that it works and they can't instant book because @Brian2036 is right that in this organisation the 'Host' is not valued as much as the 'Customer'.

So hit that No No No button after a bad guest departs, at least it makes us feel good.

Cheers, Charles

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lisa723 @Colleen253  Do you happen to know then what would constitute "recommended by other hosts"?

If the guest had 2 reviews, and one host indicated they wouldn't host them again, and one said they would, would they still be considered "recommended"?

@Sarah977 I don't know.

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Penny328 yes to all of the above. 

The only way we can tell a guest has this is that they have a lot of ratings but have to send a request. We have the filter on Instant Book that guests who aren't recommended have to send a request so its always a flag for us to look more closely at reviews. Typically there are low star ratings in a category or two and a negative review of some sort in the mix. I think at one point if you did below 3 stars and "would not host again" for a guest that you no longer show as available to them in their search.  But I don't know if that is still true. 

The guest isn't notified that you said this so don't be afraid to if it is deserved.