review

review

tenant probably first time at Airbnb 

checkout 10 they were still there at 1 !! left huge amount of food plus freezer many bags of dog food.

Told me very later after reservation that they had service dog -- fine but would have been nice to know before so i could set up next guests with more time between.

they DID Not fill out certificate required by vermont (Airbnb is going to chase that for me)

But how do i do a review.  Want to give them benefit of the doubt  but not mislead others plus I had a small problem with my stove which they fixed which of course i ll thank them

any advice will be appreciated

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Merrily2 Just be honest and say it how it was. Sounds like not disastrous guests but equally not ideal!

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Merrily2  If the only thing negative was leaving food and a late check out, and if otherwise they left the place in good shape, I probably would not mention it in the review.  They don't actually legally have to tell you of a service dog, so def. don't bring that up.  

Before COVID we used to tell guests to leave their perishable food and we would dispose of it, so we could ensure stuff got recycled, feed bread to birds, etc. and disposal would be orderly....so they may have thought they were doing a good thing by leaving stuff that could theoretically be used.  But, maybe mention that to them in a private message along w/the late check out. 3 hours late is pretty rude.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Merrily2   I agree with the other hosts in that these guests are  not ideal but not bad either.  If you think they would benefit from a private message worded in a helpful, not accusatory, way they might be able to implement for the next time.  In the public review, compliment what is real and mention the late check out with the ramifications for you.