reviews

Steve6
Level 1
Somerset UK

reviews

I need to get some reviews on my listing, but as I haven't had any guests yet through Air b'n'b I am unable to do this as from what I understand, reviews can only be left by guests coming through Air b'n'b. I have plenty of reviews from guests who've stayed at my house through other owner web-sites;  Is there any way I can use these ? Reviews are an important factor when guests are making their choices and I feel I'm in a bit of a " Catch 22 " situation at present. Advice please. Many thanks Steve Woods

1 Reply 1
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Steve6,

The only way people can review you is if they have stayed at your listing through the Airbnb system.  What many people do is lower their prices until they get a few bookings which will likely bring with them reviews.  Then as you get reviews, you can raise your prices.

Another thing you can do is for people to provide references.  To do this, you can go to your "Profile" and then choose "References".  You would then enter the email addresses of people who would provide you a reference.  They would then receive an email, sign up on Airbnb and provide a reference.  You would then receive the reference and have a chance to approve it or not.  Maybe if you have repeat guests from a different service who you think would give you a good reference, you could send them an email.

Happy Hosting @Steve6!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host