reviews

Amy1
Level 2
Huntington, VT

reviews

I have had mostly 5 starts on my reviews, recently I have had someone leave me a 4 star for overall, value, location and communication. The booked one night, and the next morning asked to stay another, which they did.  I continually answered all their questions within 10 mins while staying here. Do you think it is okay for me to ask them why they gave me 4 stars atleast in communication, or ask them what I could have done to improve their stay. Just curious if anyone does this, or if I should just leave it at that. 

Thanks

2 Replies 2
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Amy1,

I am not sure why you would think it would be a bad thing to ask.  If you want feedback, I don't see a problem asking so maybe you can make improvements.  

Cheers

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Ernie0
Level 10
San Francisco, CA

Hi Amy, 

I think the answer to this question depends on the guest/host interaction. If you feel like you can approach this particular guest to have a conversation about this issue, then go for it. Personally, I never ask a guest why they rated me a certain way, rather I send them a message after they have departed thanking them for their stay and asking them to please let me know if I could have improved their experience in any way. I get valuable feedback occassionally.

Cheers,

Ernie Thayer