rooms switching from available to unavailable by themselves

Linda-And-Marc0
Level 4
San Jose, CA

rooms switching from available to unavailable by themselves

Happy weekend Hosts,

Over the last two weeks, my wife and I have noticed several times that a room we had listed as available somehow got switched to unavailable. Has this happened to you?

Here's the full story:

At first we thought one of us made a mistake, but as it happened again and again we got a lot more careful. For sure the rooms changed states without us doing anything. This morning we changed our passsowrd, thinking perhaps some jokester had foun their way into our account.

That didn't help. Afterwards, 2 rooms of our rooms switched to unavailable on two occaisions. As well, we had Saturday blocked off as "unavailable", and two rooms got magically changed to "available" (see picture).

Airbnb support did confirm that the only IP addresses involved were ours (e.g no jokesters), but otherwise they were no help. irst they bamedit on us. Then when we called again after it happened again, they said they would loo into it. We have not heard anything back.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem?  Do you have any suggestions on what we might do? We are checking our rooms hourly and adjusting as needed, but that is getting dreary.

Thank in advance for any ideas, Marc and Linda

airbnb-available.png

6 Replies 6
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Linda-And-Marc0 

uh it is an old problem, it seems it has something to do with 3 months availability settings. Try to set it on 6 months and then manually block the rest. 

Hello Branka and Silvia,

Thanks for your suggestion, however we have our availability stting set to "All future dates", not set to  3 months.

We will try setting it to 1 year to see if that makes a difference.

With gratitude for your response, Marc

Since we switched to 1 year availability, the problem has not yet re-occurred, when it had been happening daily. Our fingers are crossed that playing with this setting was the solution. 

it was not a solution. We left our home about 2pm Sunday with one room unbooked and available. We often get last minute bookings and hoped for the same yesterday. When we got home about 11pm, we found the room blocked, partially explaining the lack ofbusiness.

This problme is effecting our bottom line and we are getting no help from  Airbnb Superhost support. Do you have a suggestion on how we can excalate this within Airbnb, or do they just not care?

Thank you for any ideas, Marc

It happened again. Since I last wrote a few hours ago, our room called Secluded switched from unavailable to available without us doing a thing. Henceforth I'll stop bugging ya'll with every switch, it's just hard to belive we are the only ones this is happening to.

Weird. And enough from me.

Enjoy your Monday and Labor Day for Americans.

Yours, Marc 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Linda-And-Marc0

I am sorry you didn't get any support from Airbnb regarding your crazy calendar behaviour. I had problems with calendar once and contacted Airbnbhelp via Twitter and they fixed it in few days. I know that people occasionaly had problems with calendar but not every day like you do.

Check your availability settings like min. stay, preparation time, advance notice etc... is it linked to any other calendar at Airbnb or other sites...? If your settings is ok then contact Airbnbhelp on twitter as long as they don't fix it.