rude guest making enquiries

Carey4
Level 2
United Kingdom

rude guest making enquiries

After enjoying a really good year of hosting on AirBNB, we've sadly had some bad experiences recently.

The latest one was a potential guests who enquired in September, asking for a 2 night booking - but 12 months later - in the following year. We wrote a polite to reply to her saying that we didn't think it would be fair to accept bookings so far ahead. Gently asking if you could try again in the New Year...

We didn't hear anything again in two weeks. Then out of the blue came a rude message saying "Might I suggest you remove your listing of you are unwilling to accept bookings. It does rather waste people's time and no one likes a time waster."

The other bad experinece was differient and much worse. our question is: do you feel its unfair to say you cant take bookings 12 months in advance?

15 Replies 15
Peter1354
Level 6
Bonaire, Caribbean Netherlands

Hello All,

I too recently received an "inquiry" that spun me up a little.

Yes, people want to ask questions I understand that, but when they can't even be bothered to start the conversation with "Hello...", or "Hi..." it shows a lack of respect. What makes it even worse is that the questions asked were about who has the best car rental deal, who is the best dive shop, how close are all the dive shops. 

I'm not sure I want anyone who can't be polite in their communication staying in my home: and I think some people forget that they are staying in someone else's home, and maybe they should just go stay in a hotel instead.

I did offer "pre-approval" and have since withdrawn it. 

I just thought I'd share.