safe to allow guest to / rent water toys/ kyak, tubes, paddleboards

safe to allow guest to / rent water toys/ kyak, tubes, paddleboards

Hi Guys,

Does anyone rent water toys out to people as a little side business/extra service to renters? My house is on the river and in summer people are going to be wanting to float/paddle etc. In the past there were just a bunch of innertubes that I would allow people to use, but then sometimes not enough of them or cheap ones that deflated etc.  I have been considering both the legal exposure and the potential to provide more service and fun for the guests by having higher-end things people can "rent" for the stay.  Any comments/suggestions/thoughts?  

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would just direct guests to a local company that offers them @Crystal118 

thank you, i can do that (and have) but i would still love to hear from anyone who might have done this themselves for great ease and enjoyment to the guests...  

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Crystal118,

@Helen3is absolutely correct.  By referring your guests to local tourist operators, you are not only supporting your local community, but also avoiding potential legal/insurance claims for any accidents.

Good luck.

thank you, i can do that (and have) but i would still love to hear from anyone who might have done this themselves for great ease and enjoyment to the guests...