scam?

Enfys0
Level 1
New Zealand

scam?

i have a strange thing on my preview happening. When i go to my preview of my listing at bottom of page is says this is the property .....and than there is a total random person i don't know and then it tells me i and i (the actual owner of the property ) and my friend who is hosting my property are the hosts?????? What is this all about? It looks like a scam to me? Can anybody help me with this? Thanks a lot, Enfys

6 Replies 6

@Enfys0, I just looked at your listing.

So, you are saying you do not know José from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain?

I doesn't look like it is a scam as much as it looks like it is a glitch.

Your property does not appear as a listing on José's profile, so it is not as if he has somehow managed to take control of your listing.

I would contact AirBnB support and tell them what you are seeing and to please fix it.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Enfys0, I am Rob an Airbnb superhost from Australia and I would like to help you with this listing ownership issue.

You are quite right your listing is currently showing a number of different people as having an interest in this property. Each time I access your listing another person who is also an Airbnb user is shown!

The format of the contact options are changing at a rapid rate, but if you follow this link you will be able to get a quick response and get this problem solved.....

https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

I hope this helps you Enfys.

Cheers....Rob

@Robin4 it is so nice to see you here again :))))

Duje0
Level 2
Split, Croatia

As @Robin4 say it is a glich from last few days, and it is happend to many people on airbnb.
Best is contact AIRBNB from link which robin give you, also you can contact them by Twitter or just write on they facebook paga that you have a problem and they will contact you within 24 hour's.

I hope that everything will be fixed.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Duje0 @Enfys0 @Branka-and-Silvia0

I can confirm it is a major glitch, although not one that will threaten the integrity of your listings or your accounts. It is universal, I and other experts have reported it to the Tech team who are working on it and will get it under control.

In all instances the 'rouge' owners are registered Airbnb account holders, so this is not an outside attack on the company, it is a glitch in the software that will be repaired.

Please just be patient and I promise, you will all get your listings back!@!!!

Cheers....Rob

Thanks you Rob,

I was afraid I had a hacker of some sort. It seems to be sorted now as i don't have another person acting as if they are the owner on the preview page.

Thanks for answering me and shedding light on what was happening.

Elvira