second overseas property

Brian1993
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

second overseas property

Hello Community,

I searched around the site looking for an answer to my question but I can't find a great deal on the topic.

Basically, we have a property in Portugal that we let out occasionally to friends etc. This was going well prior the lockdown of course. As we are based in London, it is difficult to get someone to handle the place for us hence the question.

Does Airbnb have a list of people who live local to the property rented out which we can contact to help host guests? What is Airbnb's policy on this? Like I say, we can't fly down to Portugal every time someone books the place to clean up and change the linen etc. 

Do any other members have views on this, if so please respond I would love to hear from you.

4 Replies 4
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Brian1993 

Airbnb had a co-host MarketPlace until three years ago, where home owners and budding hosts could find each other on this site. It was discontinued, without any replacement offered.

There seems a demand for the services, here on the community pages , it's always peppered with cohost requests and adverts for services.

There are a couple of apps like cohostmarket which try to replicate the original service.

Otherwise,  there are local facebook pages of local owners you might stumble across who might know someone suitable, it's that random though.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

See if there is a host group for your location in Portugal and ask for recommendations for a co-host. They will have cleaners they can use @Brian1993 

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Brian1993 

Contact** host management services in Portugal.

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center. 

Karol22
Level 10
SF, CA

Airbnb used to provide a means to connect with co-hosts but no longer does this. Your best bet is to contact local property managers in Portugal to see if they know anyone who specializes in short term rentals.