send link of airbnb property via airbnb

Wendy117
Level 10
Bexley, Australia

send link of airbnb property via airbnb

I am so frustrated.  Guest is querying my upstairs apartment for a 72 day booking, but as they have two children and I sleep directly below, I am trying to direct them to the back apartment same address.  Now we know Airbnb suppress links in mail - even though it is ludicrous that they also suppress Airbnb property links (you would think they would make an exception if link is airbnb.com............... but they see the property number as a telephone number and suppress it) but the way I used to do it also no longer works.   I would send them an offer changing the property to the one I want, and they could click on the property description on the left in the offer and see the listing - now this link is no longer there so they cannot see the property. I have tried to explain to the guest that the property will come up in a search but there seems to be some translation error (different country/language) as he doesn't seem able to do it.   I have phoned Airbnb support who agreed I cant send it but said they would and they tried to ring the guest but the guest was not at home at that time.  This is a large booking and my guest has now said he can see the listing on TripAdvisor - come on Airbnb!  I listed on Tripadvisor 3 years ago and never received a query and now cant even find my login details to delist.  I prefer bookings where the platform handles the payment. 

Something else has changed too - when I previously sent an offer for a different property, everything stayed in the same message stream in the inbox - now I have two message streams for this guest but both show the address of the offer property, not the original query address - it is so confusing.

4 Replies 4
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Wendy117 

I would suggest that you give them directions without URL's on how to navigate to your profile page from the listing that they have found, and then how to select/navigate to the listing that you think would suit them best.

If you have created a custom URL for your listings, I believe that you can send that link.

@Susan151   Thank you Susan, I will try to find how to create a custom URL.  Strange that Airbnb Support did not advise me of this.

@Susan151   Wonderful.  The custom URL appears to have been sent without suppression.

Wendy117
Level 10
Bexley, Australia

OK i have worked it out - it seems Homeaway puts their listings on Tripadvisor.  I do have those login details.