sending special offers for returning guests

Wei31
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

sending special offers for returning guests

I have a returning guest that I have previously blocked dates for.   Sending a special offer to a returning guest should not be this difficult.  I am on Airbnb, and the competing site of North America (VRBO), where it is much easier to send offers to returning guests.  PLEASE MAKE THE CHANGES AIRBNB!!!  Not only was this difficult, but since I had to take the blocked dates off so that the returning guest can send in the request to book (which was the ONLY way to send the special offer), I had to decline 2 new requests to book once I took the blocked dates off.  My super host status is now gone bc I had to decline them.  This system is extreemly flawed, and needs to be changed!!!!  I am certain that more hosts have this issue.  Please get on this thread so that our voice is heard!!!  

2 Replies 2
Matthew-And-Kirsten0
Level 1
Winnipeg, Canada

I think I'm having a similar problem. Normally I can send a special offer from a link in the sidebar of the conversation for a new guest, but for a returning guest the link is not present. No option whatsoever. This would not be a problem, but the guest is also having trouble booking the dates as well - the button to save and continue is grayed out. Maybe there is some setting or menu option I'm unaware of, but it would be nice to get an answer on this. Thanks. 

I am having the same issue and I see the original comment was sent in 3/16/2018, Airbnb should have addressed this by now. I'd like to offer 2 returning guest a special offer but its difficult to know how to do that.  If Airbnb or another host could offer the steps of how to offer returning guest a discount or special offer.  Thank you