sharing covid impact on Hosts

sharing covid impact on Hosts

AirB&B should step up to the plate and share the financial impact with your CLIENT HOSTS. We are the YOUR CLIENT that makes your business work And thrive.

AIR should pay half of al  cancellation refunds sent to booked guests to the HOSTS-us!. This is in addition to the refunds sent to the booked traveler.

Traveler's should get full refund .   IN ADDITION..., Hosts should get half of the 100% refund that is sent to the guest.  AIr is not the only tree in the guest booking forest.  treat us right and we will continue to treat you right.and grow our joint business interests.

8 Replies 8
Cabo-Platinum0
Level 3
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Absolutely!  We've worked hard to establish a good operation on this platform and now Airbnb is auto-cancelling all of the hard work we've procured.  

The most difficult part is that we've had conversations with our guests and agreed on future credits--to maintain business.  Then our guests get an email from Airbnb saying they can automatically cancel and the next day we get another $15K of cancellations.  So far, we're at $70K of refunds Airbnb has made without our approval.  

Not sure what we do here, but we are extremely concerned! 

@Randolph7 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Randolph7 @Cabo-Platinum0 

Just a quick question - Where do you think Airbnb would get the money from to refund both the guest and the host? Do they have a magic money tree?

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Not only do Airbnb not have a magic money tree - they don't have a pot to p*ss in either, and despite all the hype/lies, haven't had for some time. In fact, the top brass were hauled before the board several months ago, to answer hard questions about where all the funds have been heamorrhaging to.

All you oh-so-sorted Airbnb/business experts out there who have been endlessly  eulogising and pontificating to your fellow hosts who are being annihilated by Airbnb's arbitrary and abusive policies, about "sorting the wheat from the chaff" and "doing the right thing"... please do feel free to pile on here with your scorn and your scolding for your noble, inspirational, visionary Airbnb Masters themselves. Knock yourselves out and give them a good old lecture (series of lectures) now on their rainy-day funds, and living beyond their means, and planning for the future, and the shame of living paycheck to paycheck etc. etc. I'm sure our Founding Fathers will be every bit as touched and heartened as your decimated fellow hosts have been, by the levels of your loyalty, solidarity, compassion,  support and humanity you've displayed in these difficult times.

I'd bet my life the head honchos are now bitterly regretting their decision to not require that guests take their own responsibility for their own travel mishaps/disruptions by purchasing their own comprehensive travel insurance, but rather, consciously elected to force hosts to act as the guests' free travel insurance provider instead, thereby boosting goodwill, brand reputation and future business for the company itself, entirely at hosts' expense. Must have seemed like such a shrewd, cunning plan at the time it was concocted - steal a march over the competitors, while simultaneously dumping 100% of the risks and expenses on the heads of the service providers (ie hosts) (Genius move! What's not to love for the upwardly mobile, go-getting young unicorn??) Unfortunately though, that sort of shady, manipulative behaviour and unethical business practices will always come back to bite you in the arse, sooner or later - as Airbnb are currently learning, to their cost, and to their detriment. Every dog has its day.

Airbnb Halts Hiring And Marketing - Investors Say Its Future Uncertain

https://www.businessinsider.com/airbnb-halts-hiring-marketing-report-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

Airbnb To Halt All Marketing, Most Hiring, As Losses Mount

https://www.theinformation.com/articles/airbnb-to-halt-all-marketing-most-hiring-as-losses-mount

@Susan17   "likely withhold employee bonuses".   Wow. Imagine that. 

Thank you for taking the time and writing this

Bonita5
Level 5
Victoria, Canada

@Susan17 @Randolph7 @Elizabeth1850 @Michelle53 @Mike-And-Jane0 

Airbnb didn’t have to side completely with guests for 100% refund. 
Guests would have been happy with 80% refund ... and 20% to Hosts.  
This may have kept everyone afloat (paying expenses) and in good spirits.
Both are important ...Hosts and Guests.  
We are all in this TOGETHER . 

Good idea . 80--20 is a good faith approach

Ivan1544
Level 2
Santa Barbara, CA

SUPER HOST RELIEF FUND: I received the invitation to the relief fund this past week.  I have lost well over $8000 just in cancelations not even counting empty days rented.  Needless to say, we are in a very bad place financially due largely to ABBs policies.  I tried to file for the relief fund this past week and was presented a error... 2 times (500 and timeout).  On the 3rd time was told the window is closed and recommended to "contact my local government for help".  This is a JOKE and clearly yet another insult to injury served up by AirBNB.  So poor and disrespectful to those that this company claims to hold in high regard.   👎👎