What colour sheets and towels should I use?

Answered!
Patricia844
Level 2
Culver City, CA

What colour sheets and towels should I use?

I'm new to hosting. Any suggestions on the color for bed sheets and towels? Thanks!

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Barbara1498 

Thanks for being a part of the CC! There's a great thread with tons of recommendations and contributors on this subject here: All about linen and bedding  which should prove very useful.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21

We had silver and grey linen when we started hosting, 3 months into it some of them were stained horribly and needed replacement and one guest stole a bath towel.  To date we have 4 sets of linen for each bed.  The twin beds get sky blue and navy sheets, master bedroom gets dark grey sheets.   We are thinking of sticking to the dark grey and navy.  The bed-covers are white and light grey.   We do get stained pillow cases and towels from time to time and have to replace them.   There have been no complaints from  our guests.

Allan-C-0
Level 3
New York, NY

@Patricia844, in addition to Costco you may also look into walmart. We purchased some good quality white and tan towels in a bundle for about $10 bucks-they came 4 to a bundle.   Me personally, I dont like white towels and or sheets but for the guest I do use them because it becomes easier to sanitize for the next guest. 

Thanks, Allan for the suggestion. I'll make sure to check out Costco.

Lisa-and-Ben0
Level 3
Sint Maarten

We tried using all white linens for 1 season and it was a disaster, our condo is located in a  beachy tropical location and the suntan lotion stained the sheets terribly they ended up getting yellowish, even bleach didn’t help. Same for the white towels. ( add mascara and makeup to the mix)

So we switched to light grey and blue sheets , light teal, grey and navy towels, we use top brand detergents and hot cycles to get them all spik and span.

We upped the quality to 100% cotton , high thread count but got more manageable colors eventhough everything I have read points to white sheets being the ‘gold standard’ in hospitality. I could probably drop white sheets and towels to professional launderers but that would up my cleaning fee and be less manageable for me. All the listing photos show the sheets as they are, so people can choose for themselves. In 2 years of hosting I have never had any comments or negative feedback about the sheets not being white.

I had no idea about the 'gold standard' of white sheets! But we just received feedback today that the guest would have preferred white sheets to see the "cleanliness" of the sheets. What's funny, though, is that these gray sheets were brand new, one time washed! haha There's no pleasing everyone, but I totally agree with you that people can choose for themselves based on the photos posted.

Barbara1498
Level 2
Trenton, ME

Hi, everyone, I am also new to hosting. Thanks for starting this thread! What brand sheets have you found to be good quality? Is it worth investing in hotel quality?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Barbara1498 

Thanks for being a part of the CC! There's a great thread with tons of recommendations and contributors on this subject here: All about linen and bedding  which should prove very useful.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines