shower timer with shut off to avoid water and gas waste

Fernando16
Level 3
Madrid, Spain

shower timer with shut off to avoid water and gas waste

hi there

I am sharing with you this device we have installed in our apartment to control our guest's showers: Acqua Tempus

it is simple to install and program and restricts the maximum shower time, after which, it shuts the shower off and leaves it off for a pre set waiting time, so the tennant must leave

once this waiting time has passed, a new shower is available

we are in Spain, a dry country, we don't have much rain in here so any thing we can do to reduce water consumption is always welcome

you can check this shower timer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7FrueY_kcw&t=16s

It is now two months since we installed it and the water and electricity bill have dropped , and we don't have guests complaining for running out of hot water.

100% recommendable

I hope this thread helps

Regards

Limitadorduchas.jpg.png

6 Replies 6
Fernando16
Level 3
Madrid, Spain

I presume this picture is better

Temporizador_duchas_Acqua_Tempus_1.jpg

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Fernando16 

Fernando, thanks for that mate, that could be a very useful device for keeping those shower hogs  from using an inordinant amount of water resource.

My feeling is though Fernando, guest will see it there ticking down and resent it and their feeling is you are trying to limit the 'enjoyment' they have paid you to have.

I have approached it from a different angle! I have put in a mains pressure 80 Litre electric hot water service. This will give the guest about 12 minutes of mains pressure hot water before it starts to run cold!

It makes the guest feel guilty that they have spent so long in the shower, the water has run out!

Within 15 minutes the water is hot again but, it stops those shower hogs that stay under the hot water simply because it is available! 

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4 wrote:

@Fernando16 

Fernando, thanks for that mate, that could be a very useful device for keeping those shower hogs  from using an inordinant amount of water resource.

My feeling is though Fernando, guest will see it there ticking down and resent it and their feeling is you are trying to limit the 'enjoyment' they have paid you to have.

I have approached it from a different angle! I have put in a mains pressure 80 Litre electric hot water service. This will give the guest about 12 minutes of mains pressure hot water before it starts to run cold!

It makes the guest feel guilty that they have spent so long in the shower, the water has run out!

Within 15 minutes the water is hot again but, it stops those shower hogs that stay under the hot water simply because it is available! 

Cheers......Rob

Many thanks for your reply Rob

what you have installed seems to be very interesting; but even so, 12 minute shower is a lot of time; with 6 minutes in a dry country like Spain for me is more than enough.

Anyway, best of luck with your device and best regards from Spain

Fernando

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Fernando16 @Robin4 

yes, but anyone with the IQ over 90 can simply reconnect the shower hose directly 🙂

@Branka-and-Silvia0 wrote:

@Fernando16 @Robin4 

yes, but anyone with the IQ over 90 can simply reconnect the shower hose directly 🙂

Hi Branka

No, they can't, it comes with a security seal that has to be broken to do so; it would be to noisy

check it below

Precinto_01.jpgPrecinto_02.jpg

besides, they would need a tool to unscrew the Acqua Tempus do, it is not that easy

Arelia has done a very good job on this product

Fernando16
Level 3
Madrid, Spain

the link above is no longer working, this is the good one, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJoaej6kNBo&t=55s

I apologyse for this little mistake