single supplements

Michael243
Level 2
Trefriw, United Kingdom

single supplements

We have a listing which allows a single group of 2 3 or 4 persons rent our 2 bedroomed space. We don't let/list the rooms separately as they share facilities and we allow only one group to book. However, on our own website we can sell this as "Two rooms-Two People" at a different price to "Two people One Room". i.e. we can charge a single supplemement if they want a room each.

I can't seem to do this on air bnb, in fact the pricing options seem very underpowered compared with "FreetoBook" who have a sophisticated variety of options that cover most room letting situations. Is there a way I can price this single room option, as it does cost us more oney to change the bedding in both rooms instead of keeping one clean, as in the normal 2 person booking.

Any tips for this scenario, or do I need to contact air bnb to request a bit of an upgrade to the booing engine? (any tips on how to actually contact them would be helpful !)

Mike

3 Replies 3
Diana-And-Don0
Level 7
Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic

List both rooms seperatly eachwith own price

Julia66
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

As Diana and Don say, list each room separately, then decide what you want to charge for each room if there was one person in each, and set that as your base price, and then set the charge for 'each guest more than 1 person' at a bit less, to encourage them to book two people into one room.  If you don't want anyone else to book after you have a booking for one group in one room, I think you'll just have to block the other room manually.

If you have two people booking one room, I would lock the other room, to prevent people like me who would use the other bedroom for their luggage, help themselves to extra pillows and coathangers, just because they think they have rented the whole space.  You can tell them in 'Access' that they only have access to one bedroom.

Good luck!

Julia

Maureen31
Level 1
County Limerick, Ireland

I have the same difficulty. I get lots of booking for singles but only get 30€ for a two room apartment (property only suitable as a single let). In Summer time this is not an issue but in Winter with heating it does not pay. Is it very off putting if I say two people (minimum). I think it is strange that surely there should be an option to include a single supplement on the pricing section of Airbnb. 

Thanks