smart phone app

Adam20
Level 2
Mooloolaba, Australia

smart phone app

I am a host with 2 listings and lots of messages that I need to respond to on my phone.  Since AirBNB is not my main job, the app is vital in order to keep up to date with guests and enquiries.  

My smart phone app is constanting signalling that there is a message, or notification (only one) on my phone.  I have deleted the app and re-installed and it still shows a badge that there is a message.  When logging on through my computer (or even through the app) the first thing I read is that there is no pending activity and I am up to date.  I use Apple iPhone6 latest version of software and app.

Please pass on to developers that there is a glitch.  This has only been happening for about a week.

Thank you.

Adam.

9 Replies 9

The same has occurred for me and shows a message indicator on both my iPhone and iPad.  I have taken all the same steps with no success at resetting the message indicator.

Danny26
Level 2
Miami, FL

Same here! Seems to be an issue with the last update. Can't get rid of that 1 fake notification!
LeighAnn2
Level 4
Maine, United States

I had same thing happen and learned that the message alert shows when you have outstanding inquiries. Once the inquiries go away or you decline the inquiry or make an offer, the message alert goes away. I think the message alert is a reminder to the host that there are outstanding inquiries and Airbnb hopes you will take some sort of action like make a special offer. I just decline the inquiry after so many days if the person does not book or reply.
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Adam20 That was happening to me, too. I finally cleared the "stuck"/invisible notification by simply logging out of the phone app and then logging back in. As others have mentioned, this only happened in the last week or so.

Adam20
Level 2
Mooloolaba, Australia

Thanks Dede: this has just worked!  Excellent result: thank you to you and the wider community.

Chip-and-Romi0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I thought it was just me and operator error! But I followed the log out/log in advice and it cleared it. Good luck & happy hosting
Deb29
Level 9
San Mateo, CA

@Adam0 and @Daniel0 and @Danny0 and others,

I was in touch with Airbnb today regarding various issues with the App Notifications and moments ago was just sent the following email from customer support. I figured I'd send it off to the group right away and then go and test it for myself....

Hello,

This is Noele with Airbnb it was a pleasure speaking with you today.

I understand that you and your wife were having some issues with the push button notifications on the iphone mobile app.

I found a few things that you can try to possibly resolve the issue.

First things to try, in order to see changes, would be to update the mobile app to the latest version 16.04

You can select which type of push notification or text message notification you would like to receive by toggling on and off various categories

Below are steps you can take for the push notifications as well as the text message notifications.

Push Notifications Categories:

> Messages- From hosts and guests
> Reservation Updates- Requests, confirmations, changes, and more
> Account Activity - Changes made to your account
> Other - Feature updates and more

Text Message Notifications:

> Messages - From hosts and guests
> Reservation Updates - Requests, confirmations, changes, and more
> Travel Recommendations - Trip ideas, travel and price alerts
> Other - Feature updates and more

You'll always receive text message updates for Account Activity.
Adam20
Level 2
Mooloolaba, Australia

I just followed Dede's advice and logged out of app, then logged back in after various other more longwinded troubleshooting methods and it worked.

On my version of the app, the ability to check in to the community centre is faulty. ALWAYS get a notifcation: "Oops, something went wrong!" D'uh! My calendar shows no reservation or bookings whatsoever. Am surprised that we weren't instructed to delete and re-install the app, like some other lazy vendors do. I'll stick with my desktop for some accuracy.