Ioannis102
Level 1
Chania, Greece

software Logic Bug on download vat invoices

Steps to reproduce the issue:

-Go here https://www.airbnb.com/hosting/reservations

-Press Export -> Download VAT invoices

The issue:

The logic airbnb has is that it will download all the invoices for the previews month  based on the check out date.

Why is this a problem?

Airbnb is issuing VAT invoices based on the reservation date not check out date.

The solution:

The accurate logic should be to download all the invoices for the previews month based on the date the reservation was made .

An example to understand the issue:

E.G if i make a reservation on 15st of January with check in 2nd of July , check out 5th of July.

Then an invoice will be issued on the 15st of January via airbnb for the VAT.

Now if i go to download all invoices on Feburary and pick January as my month it will be blank .

If i go on August and do the same it will include the details for the reservation since the check out was on 5th of July.

This is wrong i need to report my invoice to the tax authorities on Februrary since you issued the invoice  on January not on August.

Best regards Jon.

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ioannis102 do you charge VAT on your listing? If not then Airbnb charging VAT on their service fees at the point of booking is correct as that is when their 'service' is provided.

Hi , i don't dispute that . I am addressing a software development issue which had to do with exporting those invoices. You are missing my point.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Ioannis102 ! With "reservation date" do you mean the date the booking was placed or the check-in date?

Thank you so much for sharing how this could be improved. I'll make sure to share it with the team though it'd be amazing if you could share it using the Feedback Form as well! 😃

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Reservation date is the date the booking was placed.

On a slightly different note - my accountant in Portugal (and most norla other ones who know what they are doing) - keep asking me to provide detailed breakdown of AirBNB "guest charge" as it contains IVA (VAT) on elecgtronic services and AirBNB so called "support" playing innocence and says "we have no idea what you are talking about".

Such an incompetence