superhosts should get the airbnb magazine for free.

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

27 Replies 27
Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Donald28: We have been getting the last few issues sent to our house. We figured it was just because we are Superhosts. We never signed up for it.

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

I got the 1st issue but none after that. I enjoyed it but sure don't want to pay for it. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Donald28 and @Barry-and-Lera0,

Thanks for starting this topic Donald.

Out of interest, is this something you would like to be included in your Superhost benefits?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie: Yes. We read it then leave it in our studio for guests. I think its a great little perk. When we received a copy of "The Airbnb Story:" we again assumed it was because of our Superhost status as we did not order it. We have had multiple guests read it at the beach (We have found sand in the book...haha). We just hit eleven straight quarters as Superhosts so I'm not sure if these items come as perks after a certain number of Superhost "quarters" in a row? 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for this @Barry-and-Lera0, wow 11 quarters, that is really impressive – congrats. 

It is really nice to hear that you like the Airbnb Magazine. I recently stayed in a listing in Lake Tahoe and the host had an array of Airbnb Magazines, it was great to see them being put to good use. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie Yes. I think the superhosts should get the airbnb magazine for free while they are superhosts. Honestly, there aren't that many beneficial perks for being a superhost... that I can see anyway. Most hosts would leave the magazine when their guests could read it. It would be a win win for everyone. 

I have been a superhost for 6 times in a row. 

Yes!

Airbnb makes about $40 from a single overnight booking at my place and they make $8 from every experience I host. That adds up to a large amount of money each year. And for doing what? Connecting hosts and guests. That's all airbnb does. They're getting "money for nuthin". I'm ok with it because I have to be. How else am I going to get 100's of people to pay me to stay here each year? 

Airbnb can surely afford to keep superhosts happy by throwing them a tangible bone every 6 months. Show us some appreciation?

So yes @Lizzie , I would like to see the $100 travel voucher (the only worthwhile perk of being a superhost!) to be bankable. It is totally unfair and ridiculous that the $100 travel voucher (that I worked very hard to EARN by being a superhost) gets thrown in the virtual trash can (by airbnb) just because I wasn't able to use it. 

I also think there should be a "tiered" set of awards for being a superhost. Starting with something small like an airbnb mousepad and getting better and more valuable with each continued superhost award. 

I've been a superhost 7 or 8 times in a row. The only thing I have rec'd (that was of any actual value) was the $100 travel voucher. And it only had VALUE because I was able to use one of them before it vaporized into thin air at the end of the year. I used my account to make a reservation for a relative and used my voucher... which I think is against airbnbs rules anyway. If not airbnbs rules then certainly most hosts rules.  

They should be bankable and if not used, they can be "cashed in" for gifts, trinkets or prizes of some sort. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Donald28, thanks for your feedback on Superhost Rewards. I actually can't believe it has been over a year since we talked about this here, I remember this conversation like it was yesterday...feeling a little bit older though now! hehe 

Good to hear ideas here and your experience with the present vouchers. I'm going to pass this on to the Superhost Team. 

Out of interest, as you are a host who has received the Superhost badge quite few times now, is this something you would be keen to have recognised on your profile, ie. Superhost 8 quarters in a row (maybe with snazzier words!), or do you like as it is now, where guests can't tell this from the profile?

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Honestly, I don't think it matters. I don't think people care much about whether their host is a superhost or not. Most probably don't even know what the little badge is. LOL. And I'm sure forum users don't care. Honestly,  It's a silly and useless program that's of almost zero value to hosts and guests.

BUT, if you're going to use it, then make it worthwhile. Currently, the "rewards" for getting and keeping superhost status are a joke. 

I got the $ 100.00 voucher as well and I can use it to have a professional photographer coming. That's really great.

But it also should be possible that we can cash it for some home improvements for our guests.

I got the magazine for free for one year but not anymore. Too bad and I would like to have it for free.

Ruth

Andrew157
Level 10
Windermere, United Kingdom

We don't get the airbnb magazine despite 4 quarters as Superhost. I have not seen a copy of the airbnb story. 

We do provide a range of fiction paper backs from the charity shops. 

Alex939
Level 10
Plovdiv, Bulgaria

I provide 2 dozens of book in English, Italian and Russian and magazins in English, but never got this magazin, although I'm Superhost 4 times in a row.