Why has Airbnb suspended account as Host?

Joanna647
Level 2
Chertsey, United Kingdom

Why has Airbnb suspended account as Host?

Hi guys

i am writting on behalf of Host I have been a cohost.

bery strange situation happened and he was a Superhost

4 weeks ago Airbnb suspended his calendar as a host and then when he asked why yesterday they sent him a message they removed him from Airbnb.

he replied back and today he got such an answer

Based on factors such as your location and email address, we’ve determined that your account is closely affiliated with a listing, person, property, or location that didn’t comply with our Community Standards. You can read our standards at:

airbnb.com/standards

Because of this affiliation, we’ve determined that your account will also be removed from our platform. Removal means that your account will no longer be accessible, and you won’t be able to create another one.

In keeping with our Privacy Policy, we can’t disclose any information about the listing, person, property, or location that triggered this action. You can learn more about this policy in our Help Center:

airbnb.com/help/article/2855 “

have you have ever similar situation?

he did not do anything at all.

thank you for your help in advance.

6 Replies 6
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

I see there is a lot of “bait-and-switch” happening at the properties in your profile. If the Host is a Superhost, maybe his listings were suspended because of his affiliation with you.

Joanna647
Level 2
Chertsey, United Kingdom

My one switch was almost 2.5 years ago this host was never doing it and we had always 5 * reviews

i asked if there is any possibility to appeal?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Unfortunately it looks like the host may have been banned from the platform because of your profile @Joanna647 

It's not true to say you have always had five star reviews you have many three and four star reviews - in fact some of the lowest I've seen on Airbnb and you have been involved in bait and switch with A number of your guests according to your reviews. 

what is strange is that they have banned this host while letting your company continue to host. 

Joanna647
Level 2
Chertsey, United Kingdom

I have spoken with Airbnb they did not say it cause of me ….

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Joanna647 No there isn't any right of appeal - I agree with @Helen3 and think that  your account should have been closed by now.

I had twice the situation abc it was agreed also with Airbnb - there was a stabbing in the building once and second time it was after Airbnb guests impossible cause they made a party. Me myself I had 2 x 

the one host I am cohosting he did pure “ bait and switch “

I was added as a cohost two weeks ago 

it’s so sad to hear I should be removed from Airbnb …