the new airbnb has destroyed my 9 year collaboration with them.

Natasha-and-John0
Level 10
Cornville, AZ

the new airbnb has destroyed my 9 year collaboration with them.

I was one of the first airbnbs in the sedona region, last month i made 6k, which is great to raise my young children with. Then they changed the site and I have a one night booking for the month of June, when i should be slam dunked busy. They basically fired me with no notice.

20 Replies 20
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Natasha-and-John0 

I did a check on your listing.

It is only in category CHALETS.

chalets? isn't the robot takeover awesome?

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Don't worry, I'm sure all the feedback being passed back up the chain will be acted on as it has in the past. Oh, wait...

Mihaela80
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

I am in exactly the same situation, no bookings for the past two weeks and I am usually fully booked. My place is not even showing up in a search…..

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mihaela80 

You own 2 listinga.

They are both in the search system.

The listing with nr 16991761 has a minimum stay of 28 nights, check-in only on Saturdays.

So i search for such dates.

Emiel1_0-1653683280219.png

BTW they also show up both when search option is "flexible", "1 month"

@Natasha-and-John0 @Helen3 @Mihaela80 @@@Last summer was my first time hosting, I was nervous as heck, but I ended up really enjoying it (and the money was real helpful getting me through school). Come Sept 15 though, I had one guest a month until February. But things started picking up. When the change over happened- I didn’t really notice any difference. I don’t depend on Airbnb as my only source of income, so I’m not as dependent as you all are, but I serious have been getting pretty much the same rate of guests as last year. I’m not saying this to gloat, but more as sign of hope, if the new system is working for me, then it can work for you too. Just hang in there. Be persistent. And hang on for the ride. The hospitality and tourism industries can be very topsy turvy and unpredictable, just stay the course. 

JJinAK