the question of long-time booking

Karin123
Level 2
Hereford, United Kingdom

the question of long-time booking

I have had a request from someone who would like to book one of my rooms for 12 weeks Mon-Fri as he is working in the area.  He is asking me to ring him to discuss it and also for him to come and view my room before he books.  Should I agree to this?

Thank you

Karin

3 Replies 3
Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

I, for one, would NOT!

I know recently we had another person on the Hosting boards ask this - @Laura - and the common consensus was no...it was not safe - for so many reasons. To see that thread, go here:

Confirmed booking wants to see the space prior to check-in date

However, the Hosts all had different reasons for saying no. Personally I reason is two-fold:

1. AirBnB's insurance does NOT cover guests if they are NOT checked in yet through the AirBnB system. and...
  2. Is it appropriate for YOU to ask to interview a GUEST weeks before they booked? No! That SCREAMS discriminatory intent on the Host's part...so why should they do that to you?

Just my thoughts @Karin123!

Karin123
Level 2
Hereford, United Kingdom

Thank you so much, I have read the previous post and feel at ease now with saying no to them visiting beforehand.

thank you for your prompt reply and helpful advice

Karin

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

No, also beware of long term bookings which give the guest tenants rights. I would tell him to book 3 weeks and see how you get along. You might hate each other 🙂 Then he can book 3 x 3 week stays. and you won't have a problem getting him out if it all goes to pot. tell him its also for his benefit, if his work schedule alters and he has to cancel a few weeks.