the website changes : Host navigation made more cumbersome

Jeffrey129
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

the website changes : Host navigation made more cumbersome

The redesign of the website navigation is terrible terrible for hosts. Everything a host needs to do has become way more complicated and cumbersome. The most important navigation for a host is "my reservations". As a host of multiple properties that's where I need to go many times a day. To see upcoming bookings, to send arrival instructions. schedule cleanings, etc. It used to conveniently be on the top menu bar, a simple one-step navigation. Now to get there, first: the site now always defaults you to me as a traveler, (I'm a traveler maybe 2 or 3 time a year, I'm a host 20 times a day).  So first I have to switch it to hosting, waste of time. Then, I have to go to the hosting dashboard, which is ridiculously heavy and takes forever to load, then I have to click on all reservations which bring up my reservations in some stupid chronology of the farthest in the future reservation first, and then backwards from there, what genious thought that up? Completely useless? So I have to click on reservations again to get them in current chronological order moving forward. What used to be the simplest of navigations, a single click on a menu option is now cumbersome and time consuming.
Whoever redesigned the navigation clearly does not understand how hosts need to navigate the site. While I appreciate the desire to "make improvements" to the site. You might want to make sure they are actually improvements before you disrupt what was already working pretty smoothly.
Please consider at least switching it back to the way it was. And you might want to consult with an actual host about how we use the site before redesigning it in a useless and senseless manner.

7 Replies 7
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

If whoever capable of making smart decisions at Airbnb reads @Jeffrey129's post, with whom I fully agree, please also note that due to the fact that Airbnb's calendar won't sync with any other, many hosts will cheer, especially those using Instant Booking, if access to the calendar to block dates booked somewhere else is made easier.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Are you working from a device or a computer, @Jeffrey129?  I don't have the same experience as you and once I got used to the new navigation, it is better for me.

Jeffrey129
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I am working on a laptop mostly.

@Jeffrey129, I agree with you.

As a small workaround, I have bookmarked the "Host Dashboard" and use that to start.

https://www.airbnb.com/hosting

Then at least I begin in the right place...

Jeffrey129
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

That's a good idea! Thanks.

Bobbi15
Level 3
Edmonds, WA

I have found that using a mobile device, there has been some change in finding the messages or even seeing the complete message/inquiry from a guest.  That communication is critical and should link between the email or text notification directly to the proper inquiry.  I have to go to my laptop for several actions - bookmarks are only good on a single machine and until someone changes the link with a single character and breaks the link. Overall, the site is good but as a suggestion:  change could involve an 'industry representative group' for input to ensure the changes are making it better.  

TOTALLY AGREE!