toiletries

Sam397
Level 10
Reno, NV

toiletries

Hello everyone, I would like some suggestions or opinions on the subject of toiletries. I provide things  like soap,shampoo and toothpaste and I have just been buying regular sized bottles of shampoo and didnt think that it would be a problem if a guest used shampoo out of an opened bottle. But I just had a guest tell me in their review that that was unsanitary. Personally I wouldn't have a problem with it but I can understand why some people would not like that. Obviously I cant throw out a full bottle of shampoo after a guest leaves and I checked into single serving shampoos but they cost almost as much as the regular sized bottles of shampoo. So my question is would a dispenser be considered unsanitary? Any suggestions or opinions would be appreciated.  

17 Replies 17
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Unsanitary or insanity, @Sam397?

I use these and refill after every guest (so it feels new). They cost something like £2/$3 each and are a doddle to fill. Keeps the snowflakes happy, 

Edit. And who doesn't love a Dymo labler?

Screenshot 2020-02-27 at 07.05.55.png

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Sam397 . I’m with @Gordon0 here.  I refuse to do individual sampler bottles or small soaps. 

I do offer full sized soaps to families, but have dispensers for liquid soap at the basins, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. Easier to clean, refill, sanitise/wipe and no brand label to put “off” individuals who might not like a brand. Filled high if a longer stay and  I’ve not had anyone decant them, yet. Lol... oh and the crocodile tail hooks were in-situ for a family group with children... 🐊

A win-win! 8EB40127-EE62-49E8-86FD-E0F63B226174.jpeg

Amy-and-Brian0
Level 10
Orlando, FL

@Sam397 We have these in our showers: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004TUBM/

And we refill them with https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I5PGCF8 and the corresponding shower gel and conditioner. We've even gotten compliments on how they smell and work. They're easy to refill and the cost is way less than buying bottles. We use about 1.5 gallons each per year - maybe less.