unfair scoring for superhost status for stays

Elaine763
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

unfair scoring for superhost status for stays

So now the Superhost review system is going to revert to the previous one where there are targets to meet.

I have a 4 bedroomed beach villa which I generally rent as one unit. Guests tend to book for a week or so. So this only counts toward 1 stay. You could argue that  I have rented 4 rooms x 7 nights and hosted 70 guests! This makes it much tougher for villa or house style property maintain the number of stays required.

A guest house/hotel with multiple rooms can therefore achieve these numbers far easier. I know, as I use to run a small beach bed and breakfast, where turnover was quicker. 

I'd like to see a higher value stay points system for hosts like myself with less frequent but high volume guest bookings. I think the super host award could be tailored to be more specific to properties

@theboathousesrilanka

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Elaine763  "This makes it much tougher for villa or house style property maintain the number of stays required. "

Its the number of stays or the number of nights booked. So it really depends on how high your occupancy rate is. There are 2 alternatives- either 10 bookings in a year, or at least 3 bookings that total 100 nights booked. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Elaine763 to achieve the stay requirements is really not that difficult if you are hosting year round.

@Mike-And-Jane0  It depends on your location and the length of your bookings. Some hosts have not just slow seasons, but actual dead seasons. 

Although I was always open to bookings year round, aside from about 5 weeks in July/August when I normally go to Canada and block the calendar, I was lucky to get even one booking between May- mid- November. That's just dead season here for me. There are tourists, but since it's so hot and humid here then, they tend to only book places with AC and a pool, neither of which I have.

And since my average booking length is about 10 days, while I was able to maintain Superhost since I first got it on my first assessment, there were some assessment periods where I just squeaked by with the required 10 bookings,  because of that dead season and maybe getting four 2 week bookings in a row in the high season immediately following.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Interesting points @Elaine763 concerning 'dead seasons' for some Hosts. Airbnb may need to offer some flexibilty to account for this such as by taking averages just from the viable season(s).