unwanted visitors

Arleen0
Level 1
Metro Manila, Philippines

unwanted visitors

Hi, our beachhouse is several islands away from the more commercial and touristy beaches in the area. One of these beaches have the reputation of being the red llight district of the area.
Last weekend several guests (not the one who i communicated with on airbnb but a part of his group) brought home some women from there. Our cartetaker was pretty sure they were ladies of the night because the guests admitted that they were. Thanks to my caretaker's bullish resistance, the ladies did not stay long. How do I prevent this from happenning in the future? Is it as simple as saying something in the house rules like "No tramps allowed!!!!!" or something? Help please! Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2
Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

HI Arleen

Wow, tonights posts have been just about everything I have been though as a host, so its ironic that I have the time to come on here and try to help each new hosts with their very specific problems that I have encountered myself.

A few months ago, OUR MALE guests actually came back to OUR HOME, where we live, and secretly broughtback a "tramp" from the beach where he was hanging out  to possibly have "sex" in our private room....he was under the impression that we were not going to be home, but thank god, my husband was..  this young man was asked to take his "tramp" outside to wait while my husband stood there and gave him 5 mins to pack his bags and get the hell out of our home.  I immediately called Airbnb as soon as I arrived home as I found both of them getting into the tramps car.  talk about gross.  We have a 12 year old in our home who thank god was not here to witness this disrespectful behavior.

I have since added the rule of NO VISITORS to our home and in my profile, I state exactly why I had to add THIS rule....because an airbnb guest thought it was more important to get his rocks off in OUR HOME, then to be respectful to my home and family.  He is lucky my husband is a calm man....(oh did i mention that they both stinked of marijhauna too???  I was beyond mad! 

Make sure to update your rules to reflect "NO VISITORS and any violation to this rule will immediately terminate your stay1".  Airbnb will stand by you 100% of any guests found violating any rules on your profile.  Just make sure to call them and report it immediatley and ask your caretakere next time to get photos or videos should someone decide to disrespect your home again.   Thank good ness he was there. Good luck...and update your house rules immediately.  Protect yourself.

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Arleen0
Level 1
Metro Manila, Philippines

Thank you so much for your advice, Momi!  Yes, it's sad to think that the home you love and take such good care of is being defiled in such a way.  Some people think that just because they paid, they practically own the house and  can do anything with it or in it.

Now, the guy who I communicated with (who seemed very nice and decent based on his messages) has made me a review although I haven't opened it yet. I am still thinking of what to say to him because technically, he wasn't the one who brought in the women. It was his friends who did.  Our caretaker said that he did not participate in what went on but I feel that he should be held somewhat responsible for not being able to control his friends, since it is his name on the line.... 

Again thanks so much, Momi for taking the time to reply to me. Have a great day!