updating price after an inquiry has been made

Adi41
Level 1
Costa Rica

updating price after an inquiry has been made

hi

i got a new inquiry for my listing and then i noticed the price was accidently set too low! 

i wonder if i update my price now, will it be updated for the client as well or he will be remain with the original price when he sent the inquiry?

thank you all

7 Replies 7

@Adi41 - It will be the price listed when the guest sent the inquiry.  Updating the price afterwards will not change any current open inquiries or requests.  If the price is not correct, you can send the guest a special offer for the correct amount, but don't expect that the guest will agree to a higher price.  You can also decline.  

I thought the conditions of the listing is frozen if a request but not if an inquiry.  

Almost positive that when you inquire you are locked into that price, the host cannot retroactively change the price on an inquiry.  This is why the guests are forced to pick dates to have the price reflected accurately while they are inquiring.  If you want we can test it - PM me. 

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Alice-and-Jeff0,

As far as I know (I could be wrong though): The original inquiry price will stand, when the hosts pre-approves the inquiry.

When the guest decides to send a booking request, after an initial inquiry (without a pre-approval). It will use the current (higher) price.

Obviously trying to change the price in the calendar - after a booking request has been send. Is not even possible.

And the host would have to use a reservation change - to get a higher price. Obviously the guest will most likely not appreciate this.

@Cor3 - that's exactly what I'm saying - If a guest sends and inquiry for a reservation start on 1/1 for $50, even if the host does into the calendar and changes the price to $100 for that night (because they can) the inquiry price does not change. But any other guest who tries to Instant Book or send a request for that night before the host declines or approves the inquiry but after the price change, THEY will be shown and be required to pay the new price.  If the host declines and the first, inquiring guest sends an additional inquiry after the host has changed the price, the new price will be reflected.  But the host cannot change the price for a night after an inquiry has been sent and have it be reflected in the reservation price. 

airbnb freezes both - i'm going through process now and feel like a chump bc i just messaged a guest that if he was still interested it could work but i noticed my changing to summer pricing didn't change his inquiry price....ug.  they need to just have it frozen for 24 hours!!!  it's been over 2 days!

Cindy807
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

bnb changed my pricing without my consent and now I am stuck with bookings that are almost half of what I set my pricing at. They have not responded with anything approaching recompense and have forced me to cancel a reservation and now those dates are blocked. A whole month!