what does Level 1 or Level 10 mean?

Linda15
Level 3
Santa Cruz, Nicaragua

what does Level 1 or Level 10 mean?

Does anyone know what these mean: "Level One"  or Level 2 or Level 10?

This phrase is post next to people's names on the message threads in the discussion room on airbnb community center?

Curoius? 

49 Replies 49

@Linda15    LEVEL is an odd rating and has no real significance beyond the number of posts people make -  I guess that means it refers to the level of engagement on the community forum.

The more posts you make the higher the level - level 10 is a few hundred posts.   It has confused many who think that Level 10 defines expertise - it does not.

Damir0
Level 10
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

@Ange2 @Linda15 

It's (sadly) just another quantification of our world. But why? What purpose? What is the end point?

Wherever you go, there you are.
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Damir0....The point is to show the world that some of us need to find something better to do with our time than spend so much of it in front of a computer terminal!!!!

Cheers.....Rob

Lmao!

Liv6
Level 3
Birmingham, United Kingdom

I am new but just love Robs post  - Cheers

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Liv6

Thanks Liv, we possibly do spend too much time here but, I am the confident host that I am today because I was fortunate to stumble on this forum about two years ago when I started to host with Airbnb. Like many newcomers I just had dollars signs before my eyes and actually had no idea of the procedure required to keep those dollars flowing my way. My first two months were spent daily looking at posts from others...I never said a word...probably scared I would make a 'pratt' of myself! Mind you there are a few on this forum that will say I still do that on a daily basis!!!

I got bold enough to ask a qestion which I thought would not make me look completely stupid, and had a response from Dave in Edmenton in Canada and from Helga in France, Deborah in California and Linda in Texas!

All of a sudden one problem disappeared, thanks to these wonderful people! So I asked another and another and gradually I gained the tools to work out where I was going with my hosting.

I put aside the ABB phone number in case a guest took to me with a baseball bat!!

I studied the 'How can we help you section' almost every day going from one pop-up to the next.

And in the end I started giving answers, sometimes correct sometimes not and I did get into the odd verbal 'fisticuffs' with others, both hosts and guests.

But let me tell you where this involvement has taken me. It's taken my hosting career to just 3 short of 100 and in only 3 of those that have given a review have I not got a 5 star (over 40 of them on this site). It has just enabled me to buy another article that I am going to list and it has given me the opportunity to meet and host some of the nicest people on this earth today!

Every piece of contact I have had through Airbnb has been first class, payments for the correct amount have always arrived when they were supposed to. I have never had a problem with a guest that required the intervention of Airbnb. And I think a lot of this is due to me because I know the rules and I know what I am doing. And I know this because of this forum.

@Liv6 the Community Centre is an amazing resource. There are some wonderful people here who do what they do every day to simply help, there is no payment involved with this and apart from possibly expanding ones hat size a bit there is nothing in it other helping people like you.

And if you appreciate that...then that's great, that's all we need!!

Cheers.....Rob

Hi!  With all your research and joy of it....  see post about falicy of airbnb host gaurantee.   All the best and may not give it much more thought than choose other ways to share lovely home and produce revenue.  Fooled once.... you know the saying!  Cheers backatcha Rob!  Jane

Dixie7
Level 10
Dunsborough, Australia

Another great article from Rob. 

This is insightful.  

Ty!

Hi @Robin4 !

I see your post was nearly 3 years ago but thought I'd take a chance and respond anyhow. I just took the time to read your well put words and they truly warmed my heart! I am new to this posting community although I've been a Superhost for years. For one reason or other, I never took the time to hop in here and now I'm skimming through and seeing what a wonderful place this can be to ask questions and/or share advice and connect with other hosts!

I hope things are still well with you and your hosting despite current conditions.

Cheers & Smiles,

Odessa Christiana

@Odessa-and-James0 

Hi Odessa, thanks for your kind words, I have stepped back a bit from the CC of late! Not to say I don't see what is going on, I have become more of a casual observer. 

The CC has been a big part of my life for 5 years now and what I said in that post above still holds true. Not too many places on earth where you can get such great help free of charge.

But, at the age of (almost) 76 I am starting to feel my mortality and there is still so much more I want to get out of life.

A/.....With the current virus under control here  we are back to hosting, which has put me back on 'mop & bucket' brigade again.

B/.....I am learning to pilot an Ulta-Lite at the moment. This is such a vast, beautiful country and you see so much more of it from the air than on the ground. That is taking up some of my time at the moment and likely to take up more in the future.

C/.....Now that we are able to travel again having only one rogue state in the nation that remains in lockdown, the rest of us virus free, we are getting to see our girls and grandkids interstate again. 

D/.....As wonderful as the CC is, there are many people out there hurting at the moment and views are unfortunately polarizing almost everywhere and some of that is filtering here onto the CC. It's getting harder to say something without putting your foot in it.

When I did that post back in 2017 I had about 100 reviews behind me, now I have over 400 (320+ here on Airbnb) and I am still learning every day. I am still being helped by what I read here Odessa and it is the CC that has made me into a reasonably polished host.

I hope all is well with you and James over there in Palm Springs, You are obviously a brilliant host, your guests love you and your listing shows such amazing style. I hope you guys can get on top of this current virus and get back to doing what you obviously do so well! 

Take care, stay safe and all the best for the future. 

Cheers.......Rob  

@Robin4 

Thank you so much for taking the time to write back and share a bit of your world with me!

Your place looks absolutely charming and you've certainly included many wonderful features for your guests! I LOVE the cheese & nuts--such a thoughtful offering. The charging station is fantastic. I like how you showcase the different bedding sets too. Oh and your gardens look enchanting!! I would most likely find myself there enjoying multiple drops of delicious wine and chattering away the evening!!!

Many kind regards to you and your wife. I hope this finds her feeling well.

Cheers,

Odessa

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww that is such a lovely comment @Liv6 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Jane241
Level 2
Hayle, United Kingdom

I'm level 2 so does that mean I have to participate on forums in conversation to go up 'levels'?

Cheers 😊