what happens when you need to make a cancellation

Fiona426
Level 1
Leeds, United Kingdom

what happens when you need to make a cancellation

Hi guys,

I'm a super host and have been since I joined Airbnb over 2 years ago. I was gutted to realise that due to unforseen circumstances I had to cancel 1 booking and that I would loose my Super host status for a WHOLE YEAR. I have never cancelled before and all other categories for earning Super Host status have a small margin. I am all for really high standards as all my great reviews demonstrate but this seems so severe. Even 3 months would be understandable and probably fair.

4 Replies 4
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Fiona426  Some "unforeseen"circumstances are Extenuating Circumstances. If this is the case for you, callAirNB and plead your case for a penalty free cancelation.

Fiona426
Level 1
Leeds, United Kingdom

Hi Susan, 

Thanks for your response. I have tried this but no joy I'm afraid. Lovely conversation with sympathetic agent but had to apply current rules

Moira21
Level 8
Bispham, United Kingdom

@Fiona426  Ditto Fiona, I had to cancel one booking last year due to a family bereavement. This wasn't a last minute cancellation as it was a week before the guest was due to arrive and messaged to tell me he'd found somewhere else easily. I agree with you about a loss of superhost status for a quarter, not for a year. Having said that, my bookings weren't affected by this as guests look at reviews first, not who is a superhost.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Fiona426 Was it an instant booking? If so, I would ask Airbnb to apply one of your penalty-free cancellations: your schedule should have been blocked but it wasn't. You can do it three times a year without penalty.