What is the best payout method?

Colleen25
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

What is the best payout method?

Just new to hosting. What is the best payout method?

Are there costs involved? Is security an issue?

Thanks

17 Replies 17
Ephraim0
Level 10
New York, NY

I prefer funds wired straight to my bank, I've nevre had a problem and my bank doesnt charge me anything. Plus all the fund are FDIC insured. Much better deal the paypal in my opinion. Theres no security issue. You funds tr wired to you basn asnd depending on the back they sre svsilsble quicly. 

Ephraim, I want to ask you, What is the bank that you have? Because normally the banks charge about $10

Gretchen0
Level 6
Oregon City, OR

I have mine sent directly to my bank account, too. No problems.
Airbnb will send a test amount- something like one cent- so you can be assured you sent the proper bank routing numbers for your account. That will show up after a few days and then you are set to go.
Good luck!
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I too do straight into my bank account, perfect every time. Takes a few days depending on weekends etc. Easy.

Sue174
Level 4
Ottawa, Canada

I just received my first "payout" from Airbnb. It was the bank transfer method mentioned in previous replies. My bank grabbed a $15 wire transfer "fee". Since no one mentioned this in their replies to Colleen, is no one else paying this fee through their bank? I checked local US-based banks (my US-dollar bank account is based in Canada) and even if I open a bank account locally here in Florida, I see they would grab the 15 bucks too. Is this just a cost of doing business?

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Colleen25 Check how much your bank will charge you.

PayPal in most countries have no charge for receiving money from AirBnB, nor for transferring it straight out to a bank account.

Kathleen273
Level 1
Nevada City, CA

I chose PayPal becaue my bank does charge a $15 incoming wire fee. Does anyone know if there is a PayPal fee for their transfer of Airbnb funds to a personal checking or savings account.

Hi there, yes I pay huge amounts of custom taxes.

can only one method of payment be offered to the guest?

@Mayrav0   The methods of payment that the guest is offered have to do with what payment methods are accepted in their home country. When they set up their account, they receive that info from Airbnb. It has nothing to do with the host.

thanks Sarah- so if in my country there are two options: paypal in USD or bank transfer -then I have to choose 1 of the two OR can I enable both options for guests?

@Mayrav0   No. You are confused. Your payout method (the way you will receive the funds) has nothing to do with how the guests will pay. 

Airbnb charges the guests according to the payment methods available to them in their country. This has nothing to do with you. Airbnb holds the funds until 24 hours after a guest checks in. Then Airbnb will pay you according to the payout preference you have chosen. 

How the guest pays has nothing to do with how you get paid.

And as far as I'm aware, you can only choose one payout preference.

Lana131
Level 1
Tbilisi, Georgia

Hi everyone, can you tell me if you have used western union as a payout method? Because there is written that by western they charge on;y 10dollars and what i use (international wire) they take 25dollars all the time, does not matter how much money I have to be recieved

Cindy644
Level 2
Edmonton, Canada

I am just new to putting our place on Airbnb. We are in Canada and just wondering which is the best payment to choose? PayPal or Direct Deposit?