where do i go to write a review

Michelle2586
Level 2
Nashville, TN

where do i go to write a review

I cannot for the life of me find where I go to write a review for a Guest.  Also, are the guests reminded to write a review and how are they directed to the area to write a review?

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Michelle2586 

You receive a message to write a review.

Also there are links (buttons) on several places, like list of reservations, inbox etc. to write the review.

At last but least the review page is here: https://www.airbnb.com/users/reviews

Please note it can take some time before invitation to review appears, but useally within a few hours after your set check-out time.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hello @Michelle2586  and welcome to hosting on Air BNB.  Your listing is quite beautiful and well put together.  Looking at your rules, it might be a good idea to add that no unregistered guests are allowed on the property.  It would not be unusual for guests to tell all their friends that they have a place on the beach and everyone should come visit.  Also, the more people, the more wear and tear.  It appears that your nightly rate is the same no matter how many people are staying.  An option to consider is that you have a base of 4 and charge extra for the each additional guest 5 through 8.  That way you could lower your nightly rate a bit which will be beneficial during a guest search.  Just  a thought.

I see you already have one review.  Keep up the good work and I wish you much success.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Michelle2586 

Hi Michelle, welcome to hosting and I hope you have as much success as I have had using Airbnb over the past few years.

Just to perhaps elaborate on what @Emiel1  has said, within 12 hours of the guests scheduled departure you will receive and email offering you the opportunity to post a review about that guests stay.

You will also get notification on your computer in the message stream if you go to your 'Inbox' and select the message with the guest who has just left as per this screenshot.....

Write a review.png

If you are using your mobile phone you will also get a review prompt via the guest message stream in your inbox......

Write a review.png 2.png

Michelle the guest will also receive reminders to leave a review of you, and when they leave a review before you have written yours, you will receive and email prompt telling you that they have written their review and inviting you to write yours.

@Linda108  has given you some great advice about sharpening up your house rules but if I can just make mention, the review process is very important, because the whole platform runs on the strength of reviews, both hosts and guests.

Most reviews will be straightforward , the guests enjoyed their stay and you enjoyed having them, but think carefully how you will word your review if the experience was not as good as it could have been. Remember Michelle, the review you write will say as much about you, as it does about the guest. Don't get into a verbal fight with the guest. Before you write your review leave it for a day or two, a bit of time is a great leveler where emotion is concerned, and what might seem to have been a mountain at the time of departure, turns out to be a molehill when you sit back with a cup of coffee and calmly reflect on the experience. 

Don't get into specifics where problems may have arisen, hosts don't need to see a blow by blow rendition of what happened, they just need to be warned if the guest was a problem. Say something like ......"We looked forward to having  ******* stay at our property, communication was okay however, a bit more care and following of the house rules would have been appreciated. I wish them well for the future but feel they would be better suited to a hotel than a home hosting  environment and would decline the opportunity to host them again!"

Keep it short, long drawn out reviews and review responses make you look a prickly and possibly pedantic host and maybe someone to beware of.

All the best Michelle.

Cheers........Rob

Hello Rob, Thank you so much for your detailed response and advice! We received our first 5 Star review😊 We did keep our review short and simple. Basically said they were responsive and respectful and we would welcome them back at anytime. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Michelle2586 

That's great and that's the way nearly  all of them go and you have handled it well, keep it short and simple. Good luck Michelle.

Cheers.......Rob