wifi password

Wilma0
Level 1
Bendemeer, New South Wales, Australia

wifi password

In my listing under 'house rules' you can give wif details. Unfortunately on my listing it has my airbnb login info. I delete it and when i go back to the page it is all there again. How do I stop the wrong information. This is a privacy breach.

4 Replies 4
Queenie0
Level 10
United States

The wifi password is only given to confirmed guests so it is not visible to everyone. But it is a privacy issue since you don't intend to share your Airbnb logon with your guests. You need to contact Airbnb and report it as a safety issue. They will remove the information for you.

Where and HOW is this information provided to guests? I've had the last 3 folks email me after check in asking for WiFi and it's annoying. This needs to be more upfront and provided 24 hours in advance of check in via automated email generated by AirBNB. I think AirBNB CRM systems need to solve for this. 

Same for me, and whenever I travel somewhere I get to the place, and then look at the listing and all around and there is no wifi information. 

Michael478
Level 2
Washington, DC

I have the same problem.  I think it's Safari on the Mac seeing "username" and "password" and trying to be smart and filling it in for you.  I think the secret is to use a different browser or tell Safari to never save your password on airbnb.com...  Ugh.