AirBNB company cancels a reservation for security person arrives with another ID

Janice-And-John0
Level 2
Flagler Beach, FL

AirBNB company cancels a reservation for security person arrives with another ID

AirBnB cancelled a reservation saying the person was deleted from Airbnb and is not allowed to be a guest. OK, I had no idea why then today a reservation comes to check in, a female, and her guest is the same person that Airbnb deleted from being a guest!

I asked, he said it was becasue he use to be a drug addict. What do you all do? AirBNB needs to tell us the reason when they cancel since I think as a host I need to know how serious the problem is. They are checked in I will monitor the situation.

9 Replies 9
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Janice-And-John0

Airbnb would not suspend guest's account and profile without very VERY serious reason. And third party bookings are not allowed. On your place I would flag her profile and contact Airbnb and ask them to cancel the reservation.

The reason your potential guest told you may or may be not the real reason. 

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Hello @Janice-And-John0 Do not let this person walk in.

If you can be told in your face that your guest is a drug addict then you have all the reason to forbid access (you may need to prove it though) ..

You should call airbnb immediately to resolve the situation. 

Nothing illegal has been done so far - i think there is nothing to report to no police at this time. 

Hope this helps,

Good luck

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

What happened, @Janice-And-John0? I have been worried for you. Not because someone who 'turned their life around' is staying, but because someone who 'did something so awful that Airbnb banned them from being a guest' is staying, someone who was so crafty as to get his companion to do the booking. Are you okay?

There is all good news. They stayed for 2 nights, the play is perfect when they left. I have no idea what the original problem with AirBnB was but I can not say a bad word about the stay, nor will I say anything about the girl as a member of AirBnB. Thanks for asking.

Really good to hear, @Janice-And-John0! So you were vigilant, you and your place are fine, you can give her a good review, and he has left his past behind to become a good guest. The best possible ending. Thanks for letting everyone know. 

@Lawrene0 Nicely handled. 

@Janice-And-John0 Thanks for letting us know and well done. PS - on a cellphone your profile pic comes up very very dark - almost looks a bit shady... just thought you might like to know.

Best Wishes.

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

I'm glad they worked out.

Did you realize that you could have prevented entry?

Cancel the reservation,  Pay the penalty and lose the booking days?

Although you did vet them and thought they were OK, please know you always have the right to cancel a reservation, no matter what the price

I know I can cancel but when they showed up at the door I did not know th girl that booked it only the guy that was cancelled by

AIrBnB..Truth is they sent me a note they watched the sunrise here drove home to Tampa area and watched it set and got engaged..

Maybe they were never a big problem. I have changed my requirements to require a government ID verified by AIrbnb not just an email anddress and phone number.

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

very true , thanks @Paul154