Airbnb please help us to be more family friendly / We need a separate price option for Kids.

Samantha128
Level 3
Taupo, New Zealand

Airbnb please help us to be more family friendly / We need a separate price option for Kids.

Airbnb please help us to be more family friendly.

I have a problem with pricing. I do not want to charge for children but would still like to continue to charge $20 extra for additional adults.

For example if a family of 2 adults and 3 children do a search in my area with a maximum price range of $ 200 per night I will not even show up on their search as the price is saying that it would cost them $225 per night which is a lot more than I actually charge , the price is actually only $165 per night. Airbnbs solution to this was send the guest a special offer . This is NOT a solution when I don't even show up on their search.

The Airbnb guests search asks guests how may adults , children or infants will be staying , but as a host we have no way of charging less for children, in our price settings we only have an additional guest option same price for kids as additional adults .
So it seems at the moment hosts only have 2 options , to charge the same for kids as additional adults or not charge for additional adults at all .

Airbnb PLEASE ADD A SEPARATE PRICE OPTION FOR KIDS

I'm not saying that everyone should charge less for kids , just that it would be nice to have that option for those of us that want to be more family friendly.

Looking at the airbnb community it seems that I'm not the only one that has this problem . Please give a thumbs up if you like this post , may be if enough people like it the option will be added .

Thanks for taking time to read this post

11 Replies 11
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Samantha128  I suggest you move this post into the Host Voice section.  That way, the host responses can allow your suggestion to be sent on to the Air BNB Developement Team.  Thumbs up here does not have that result.

Thanks for the tip , where do i find that it not listed in the "All Discussion Rooms" section

OOPs found it THank you

Thanks again Linda , you are obviously a lot more experienced with airbnb that I am . I posted it on the host voice but its not showing up , Do you think I did something wrong or do they check post first before publishing them ?

Also does Airbnb have a main facebook page ? maybe I could ask people to like my pots on there if there is

@Samantha128  I did not see it either.  Looks pretty straight forward to me and I have posted ideas before.  Are you using a lap top or a device?   Perhaps you can try again.  Maybe there was a bit of a glitch when you were trying.  Here is a link to a guide for contacting Air BNB.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M...

Finally got it to show up in Hosts Voice. Thanks again for your help 🙂
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Samantha128 Bare in mind that children can be as costly as adults, they actually do more damages to property than adults i am speaking from experience here after hosting parents with their children. Good luck!!!

I belive some hosts would host children if they could charge more for kids than for adults 

@Oomesh Kumarsingh Thank you for your feed back .
I appreciate that not everyone wants to charge less for children. If Airbnb adds the separate price option for children then a hosts can decide for them selves on a price that suits their accommodation.

I've copped this post to the Host Voice section as I've been advised that Airbnb are more likely to make changes from there if enough hosts comment and want the change. If you would also like to see these changes and decide for your self what you charge for children I would really appreciate it if you could leave a comment in the Hosts Voice , maybe together we can make a difference 🙂

@Samantha128 For now it is good if you  charge people the same sum of money for children as for adults. Creating additional fees only for children would be bad for business and unfair but i know you want the opposite trust me count the children as adults you wont regret it later on. Good luck and update me on this matter thank you!!!

@Branka-and-Silvia0 Thank you for your feed back .
Currently I believe that all infants under 2 automatically stay for free and I appreciate that some hosts would like to change for infants under 2.

If Airbnb add the separate price option for the ages of children that they already ask for in the guest search then a hosts can decide for them selves on a price that suits them and their accommodation.

I've copped this post to the Host Voice section as I've been advised that Airbnb are more likely to make changes from there if enough hots comment and want the change. If you would also like to see these changes and decide for your self what you charge for children I would really appreciate it if you could leave a comment in there , maybe together we can make a difference 🙂