Guest refund

Agnes54
Level 2
Hong Kong

Guest refund

Hello there,

My guest had some issue with my Airbnb regarding the flushing problem in the toilet. after arranging a plumber to go to the apt to fix it, she was still not happy about the situation and the cleanliness and demanded a refund. I offered her a two-day refund plus a refund of the cleaning fee. Do I have to also refund her the service fee which Airbnb had charged me for? 

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Thank you so much!

Agnes

4 Replies 4
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

I am not sure how long your guest stayed.  Was the whole stay two days?  If so, that sounds very generous, given that she seemed willing to stay despite the plumbing problem.  I think that your offer was sufficient.  

Agreed. If a person stayed the entire time of their reservation and then wants a refund then they are just taking advantage of an unfortunate incident. Even if you gave them a complete refund  they are probably still not going to leave a 5 star review and will mention it in the review process.

Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

You dont have to refund her anything....make sure you get her demands in writing so that when she leave, she can not got to abnb for a full refund which she will and they will. 

Sorry I was so abrupt.  She had a problem, you fixed it. She is due a bottle wine, not a refund.

Yourreviews are excellent, this woman is just trying to scam you.