Guest with little info and basic verification

Lora-And-Adam0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Guest with little info and basic verification

Hi all, 

First time posting here.

I had someone send a message to me yesterday enquiring to stay with us, who mentioned that their profile photo is about ten years old, as that's the only photo she had on her laptop.

That didn't really bother me too much, but I also noticed that her profile is only email and phone verified, and there's no other info on their profile. The photo already looks like quite a mature person, maybe in their 40s, which doesn't worry me too much, but I've not had anyone contact me with such little info before. 

We've only really had guests stay who have a bit stronger verification (FB, ID, or some reviews etc) and I wanted to know if you anyone has a way of asking them for a bit more information without it meeing too intrusive?

I have the 'verification needed' before booking ticked on our listing too. Don't want to come across as discriminatory as I appreciate everyone starts with a fairly empty profile at some point! 

Thanks

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lora-And-Adam0

you can always ask her to show you her photo ID when she arrives. You can make a photocopy of it, take a picture of it or write down all her personall info on a paper. We always do that bc it is obligated in my country but I would do it even if it is not.

Airbnb expanded a lot in last few years and half of my guests have no ID verfication, no reviews, no description and profile picutres vary from photo of a cat to cars 🙂 

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

I'm always shocked when I see people with those types of profiles because it doesnt take much time to verify your information, fill in the profile with information and post a nice picture. Most people who use AirBnB are pretty tech savvy and have phones with cameras, but I could be wrong. If what they send me as a message sounds like they at least graduated high school and are coming to my town for a legitmate reason then I tend to pre-approve. Sometimes, they fill in the verifications along the way up to the reservation.