I'm not getting text messages

Vivian6
Level 2
SeaTac, WA

I'm not getting text messages

Hi!  I got a new phone and number. The number is verified with Airbnb so I know Airbnb can text me.  I get text mesages from all other organizations no problem. My notification settings are unchanged and still set up the way they were before - yet I am not getting any text messages about my reservations or guests - yes, that is turned on in Airbnb.  What is going on?  I have a Verizon Samsung s6.

2 Replies 2
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Vivian6

Obviously you have done all the checks you can Vivian, but I would possibly say the issue is one of security! You can't just punch in another phone number, bank account, whatever, and have the system accept it. There is just too much fraud and ABB try their best to limit instances of highjacked accounts.

You will probably have to contact ABB on +1-855-424-7262 / 1-855-4-AIRBNB (toll-free) and they will go through your verification process to make alterations to your account settings.

Security may not be the issue Vivian, but it's the best spot to start, so give them a call, hey.

Cheers....Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Vivian6,

Lovely to meet you. 

Just a thought, can you try clicking into your 'Profile' found on the bar on the bottom righthand-side of your app. Then click 'Settings' > 'Notifications'. If you scroll down, to 'Text Message Notifications' you will see a just below this 'Messages', this should be selected (with the button pressed to the right). 

I've found when your app updates, you usually get a pop-up notification asking if you would be happy to switch to push notifications, but it is sometime easy to not soak in what this means (if you are like me), so this might help. 🙂

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.