Lake Tahoe Host: Cleaning, Maintenance, How to manage from a far?

Brendan1
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Lake Tahoe Host: Cleaning, Maintenance, How to manage from a far?

Lake Tahoe Host : Cleaning, Maintenance, How to manage from a far. 

I'm not a new host. However, I used to have a property manager who handled all of the  Cleaning, Meet & Greet, Check-in/Check Out, Linen Hire and Laundry. Now that I'm renting 70% on my own through Airbnb he is not making enough to continue in that. Problem is I'm not sure how to pick all of that up and I dont live anywhere near the property. 

I know companies like Pillow handle this. However, they are not in the Lake Tahoe area yet. My main concern is managing the cleaning people and finding good ones.

Can anyone recommend a service to help manage this and can anyone recommend cleaning people, maintenance people in the Lake Tahoe area (Stateline NV) ?

Thanks 

32 Replies 32
Leslie3
Level 2
Oakland, CA

Hi,  I'm new to hosting, but have been through a few cleaners/services in North Tahoe and found them flakey. We just switched to VRA - Vacation Rental Assistance (http://www.vacationrentalassistance.com/) and so far so good. They have a number of services, are well established in S. Tahoe,and are very professional. We are using a few services (cleaning, laundry/linens, 24 hour on call). I would suggest checking them out. 

Hi Leslie,

How did VRA do over the busy holiday season?  Were they able to handle Back to Backs and not miss any cleanings?

Catherine

Hi Leslie,

I saw your post regarding using VRA for cleaning services.  I wondered if you knew if the cleaning person was the same one each time, or a different one each time.  Do you work with a manager who arranges the cleanings, or do you just call their office and they arrange to send someone out each time.

I liked having the same person who was dedicated to my place rather than a large company, but I might have to consider it if I cannot find a house cleaner.

Thank you.

Serena

Hi Serena,

I started using VRA in May of last year for our condo in Northstar.  They have been very reliable but the cleaning is not always perfect nor following instructions the first or even the second time.  Overall, I like them much better than any other company so far. 

They are more expensive than others but I think worth it for the reliability and extras.  They provide the sheets, towels, toiletries, toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, dishwasher packs, trash bags and kitchen towels.  They take the laundry and bring freshly cleaned laundry with each visit. They have employees rather than independent contractors.  The cleaning person will not be the same every time.  I do not have a manager.  I send them requests via email.  Hope that helps.

Hi Serena-

I wish I could find a date on this to see if it is recent or not.  However, if you are looking for a reliable cleaning person in the Tahoe area/Kings beach/stateline. I would be glad to be of some assistance.   I currently handle 3 airbnbs in the area now and am looking for some more work.  I'm licensed and have great references. If you need someone. Let me know.

Jill

[phone number hidden] cell call or text 

Still looking for extra work, Jill? We have a house in Kings Beach that gets steady renters for the most part. Let me know. -Matt

Hi Jill, I am interested if you are still available. How can I contact you?

Hi Jill,

I'm not sure how to contact you on here, but we have a home in Kings Beach that we are looking for someone to help us with cleaning for short term rentals.  Are you still doing this kind of work?

Thanks!
Lauren

Hi Jill!

We have a house in Al Tahoe area. Its 800 sq. feet 2 bedrooms and one bath and we need a reliable house cleaner. Are you interested in taking on another house?

Stephanie

Hi Jill,

I'm in need of cleaning/managing help in incline village.

Please let me know if you can take this on.

Hi @Jill221

are you still offering cleanings in the area. Kings Beach?  Your number was hidden. How can we get in touch with you?

James3112
Level 2
California, United States

Hello @Jill221 , 

We are looking for a reliable cleaner in Carnelian Bay.  If you are still cleaning in the area, can you contact me?

Thank you!

James

Hi, I just read this post. I am considering leasing my property in incline village, lake tahoe. How was your experience with you Airbnb management company? Any recommendations would be great. 

Thank you!

Mike ***

[Personal information hidden]

Hey;

We are in the process of selling one home and buying another.  In discussing the situation with my state farm insurance agent, it turns out they won't offer insurance coverage for "short term" rentals / AirBnB and suggeste we go to a broker for vacation / short term rental coverage.  what are you'll doing for coverage? 

I'm a bit peeved as we've been using State Farm for 15 years on this place in Truckee, and our agent never said a thing, but their coverage only pertains to long term rental - six plus months.

Appreciate your suggestions!

/Clayton